× Z A B I N I ×

Start from the beginning

"what was that about Fred though?" she asked with a grin walking over, sitting down in front of me and I rolled my eyes playfully laughing.

"he just let me talk and talk until I was done and then he held me as I cried" I pouted in awe and she smiled at me.

"then I kissed him and said thank you-" I started and she let out a squeal of excitement, "-and he said that I didn't need to thank him-before kissing me again. and then he kissed me again before leaving" I basically squealed.

"and he kept making jokes to try and make me laugh, Lyra I think i'm in love" I sighed dramatically and we both burst into laughter.

"do you reckon he'll ask you to the yule ball?" she asked,

"at this point I'll ask him myself" I said with a grin and we both laughed.

"anyways for your birthday, instead of a party in the common room I think it would be better if we just held it here? it'll probably just be us, Enzo and Xilo and George and Fred" she said and I nodded.

"thank you" I said sincerely and she smiled sadly,

"of course" she said softly pulling me into a hug.

"and you Lyra?" I teased as we pulled away and she blushed profoundly.

"and me what?" she asked acting oblivious and I raised my eyebrows at her.

"oh yeah? sneaking off with him in your free periods? stealing glances during lunch. I'm not blind Lyra, Enzo? a little but I'm basically your sister" I said and turned an even darker shade of pink.

"Merlin Mara he's genuinely so sweet" she whined,

"and he's so respectful! and kind, oh I think i'm in love Mara" she gasped dramatically and I let out a yelp of excitement.

"Lyra I'm so happy for you!" I said holding her hands as she smiled widely.

"Mara I really want to be more than friends but I genuinely don't know what to do, merlin knows what my parents would do" she whined and I frowned for a moment,

"we're sure he likes you back right?" I asked and she nodded,

"if you both want to pursue a relationship, go for it. But don't tell anyone, I mean it Lyra. Keep it between Fred, Enzo, Xilo and I"

"I don't know Mara..." she sighed and I shook my head.

"I'm being fully serious, I want you to have this one thing Lyra" I pouted grasping her hands tighter.

"George doesn't deserve it Mara, he deserves someone who's able to be with him fully" she said sadly,

"Lyra unless he wants you to be homeless there's no other way" I insisted and she still looked unsure.

"think it over yeah? no one's forcing you to do anything" I reassured her and she gave me a small smile.

(I know that in the books boys aren't allowed in the girls dormitories but for the sake of this FAN FICTION we're going to ignore that :))

"right well lunch is in a few hours and I bet you'll probably want to talk to Fred so how about I go get Enzo and Xilo and hang out until then?" she asked getting up,

"okay, I'm just gonna put some actual trousers on" I said laughing as I got up.

she left shortly and I quickly put back the jeans I was wearing before brushing my hair and re applying my smudged makeup. Once I was done Lyra was back with the boys and we all sat on the floor in a circle.