30. The Beginning Of The End (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

"Yeah so that I see your smile every day, and so that I can say that I have kissed the most beautiful woman on top of the Eiffel tower. See, I did all of this for me, not for you silly"

"Oh, shut up. There must me something I can do" she laughs

"There is one thing. Say yes"

"Yes to what?"

"To this kiss"

Rolling over on top of her, I cup her face kissing her slowly at first, but she tugs at my shirt lifting it above my head. As she reaches for the clasp of my bra, the door swigs open, Jules and Bridget jump on either side of the bed. I sit up straight with Kat still under me.

"you guys have been alone for 6 months, time to spend some time with people other than each other, gosh!" Bridget say taking a sip of her nearly spilled cocktail.

"Come on put on your shirt on, your boobs are great but they are distracting" Jules chuckles.

Scooting backwards off Kat, I grab my shirt and quickly put it back on.

"back to be interrupted I see" Kat says

Ignoring that statement Bridget continues. "Hey Dom, is the pool at the back okay to swim in?"

"Yeah my dad keeps it ready all year round, why?"

"Well, since we are in Fucking England, and I'm finally away from the kids, I think it's time to relive some old collage traditions, don't you think so Kat? "

"Oh, no. We are not going skinny dipping"

"Oh yes we are!" Jules shouts as she gets up.

Looking at Kat, I shrug my shoulders, not minding the idea.

She questions me, I reassure her. "Fine!"

We all rush down the stairs, trying to be quite so that we don't wake our parents. Stopping in the kitchen to grab some beers, before racing to the pool like a bunch of teenagers.

~~

~~

"You look.... I.... your beautiful"

Earlier I placed a white lace sun dress, behind the door, with a note telling her to meet me outside in the driveway.

"Thank you, babe. But why all this? " she points at my dad's blue 1965 Mustang.

"Do you trust me? " I hold her by her waist.

"Of course, I do"

"Good then after you" I say as I open the passenger side door for her.

Pulling up to the beach, I lead her down a small path, where a swing set and simple picnic is waiting for us.

"Dom you need to stop spoiling me like this, seriously"

"Just enjoy it"

After finishing our strawberries and chocolate it was time for Kat to decide where we go next.

"So, were do you want to go next? "

"I don't know! Don't you have plans or something?" she chuckles.

"Actually, no I don't, it's up to you where we go next. Anywhere! You name it"

"I would love to go the little bookstore we passed on the way here, they have a sale on I think"

"Okay let's go! "

Packing up the picnic, we hit the road to the bookstore.

The small bookstore was cramped and over stocked with old classics and vintage story's. When Kat is in a bookstore or a library it's as if she looses herself in the shelfs, and I knew she would want to come here. The owner of the store, who was also my old English teacher walks up to Kat.

"You know, we have a good range of books from the 30's if you want to take a look?"

Holding hands, we follow her down the narrow hallway to the back of the store.

Running her fingers across the titles of the books she stops. "An original copy of 'Rebecca'. I have been wanting this book forever! I cannot believe I've found it! " her excitement shows in her eyes.

"Come on then, let's go pay for it!"

After a couple of hours of roaming the town and two scoops of ice cream later, we make our way back to the guest house. Hopefully, I've given the others enough time to set everything up.

~~

With the sun setting behind the house, my hands started sweating as we walk up the steps of the porch.

"Dom, what's going on? " Kat asks, as everyone stands in pretty dresses and neat suites waiting along the outside wall while rose petals and fairy lights litter the floor.

Holding her book in one hand and hers in the other, I stop in the center of the porch.

"Open it" I hand Kat her book. Deeply confused, she hesitates. "Go on"

"Okay...." Opening it, she flicks  through the pages stopping when she reaches a small cut out in a few of the pages holding the ring.

Her eyes start to water as she covers her mouth in disbelief "This Isn't real, Dom.."

I take the book from her, placing it to the side as I take out the ring. "When I first laid my eyes on you, you took my breath away. Back then, I had no idea who I was or what I wanted, but on August 18th in 2015 my entire life changed. Do you remember what happened on that day? "

"It was our first kiss"

"Yes, and that's when I realized that I couldn't hide my feelings anymore, I couldn't hide who I am anymore, but I had to hide my feeling from you for the next 5 years, and even though those five years were absolutely tortures, I wouldn't want to change anything. I never thought I could love you more but every day I seem to fall hard, I fall more and more in love with you as the days go on and I have said this before, but I will say it again. I never want to wake up without you next to me and don't want to imagine my life with you in it. So, if you don't mind going on unexpected adventures, and being spoiled rotten, by the person who drives you crazy with her messiness and stupid habits" I take a deep breath, as lower myself onto one knee "Would you make me the happiest woman of earth and marry me?

Not replying, my heart sinks when she lets go of my hand rushing into the house. Left in the middle of the porch with my family and hers, not really knowing what to do. It was too soon, I should have known. Starting to stand up, not even having the courage to look at everyone, my tears uncontrollably start to rush down my face. But, feeling Kat's hand in mine makes me turn around.

"I have been carrying this thing around with me for months, not knowing if the perfect moment will ever happen, but it's here, it's now" she says holding a beautiful gold ring in her hand as she kneels down. "Dominique Provost- Chalkley, will you marry me? "

"YES! A thousand times yes!" 

~~ 

The End! 

~~ 

Remember 80k reads and 1.1k votes for a sequel! Follow my Instagram for updates! 

@bonjour_bitxhes