Chapter Sixteen

Chris did not like that at all.

---

"Jesus Christ Chris, you look fucking pissed."

Chris jumped slightly, only now noticing Tekit and Slick in front of him in the alley where they usually meet up.

Chris punched the wall right next to him, his fist denting the brick. "You bet I am."

Slick raised the eyebrow on the working side of his face. "W-what happened? Y-you n-never t-told us w-what happened with M-Mega."

Chris tensed up his jaw, his words falling out of his mouth with a mixture of anger and a hint of regret. "Well, Mega, is not my boyfriend."

Tekit looked slightly confused. "Wait, isn't that a good..."

Then the realization dawned on Tekit's face, his usual emotionless robotic eye trained onto Chris with some form of concern. "Oh."

Slick didn't seem to catch on yet. "W-what?"

Tekit looked at Slick. "It means his boyfriend-"

Chris interrupted, jaw clicking as venom dripped from each syllable. "is probably Strike. The one who killed my family."

Slick's eyes widened. "Oh, f-fuck."

Chris let out a frustrated grumble as he ran his tense hands through his blonde curls. "I don't know what to fucking do! It's technically not confirmed yet that Strike is my boyfriend, but I literally just know that he is. There is no other explanation for anything else and I hate this so fucking much! This is all that's been on my mind for the past week and it's so stupid! What do I do?! WHAT DO I FUCKING DO?!":

Chris' volume crescendoed to such a high fortissimo that he wouldn't be surprised if he just woke up everyone in the whole fucking country.

It was literally three in the morning too.

Tekit and Slick looked a bit taken back from Chris' volume. Chris huffed, looking between the two. "I'm sorry, I just... you probably can tell that I'm very frustrated and confused."

That was definitely an understatement.

Tekit sighed. "Well, Chris, can I ask you something?"

Chris gritted his teeth, wiping sweat off of his forehead. "Uh, sure."

"How exactly do you feel about Strike, whether or not he is your boyfriend?"

Chris barely hesitated as he answered. "I literally hate him with a burning passion. He ruined my life."

"Now what about your boyfriend?"

Chris froze, eyes widening slightly as he realized that that answer was more complicated as he thought about it. "Um, I like him."

"Do you though?"

Chris blinked, mind racing as he realized something from Tekit's doubtful tone. Chris' eyebrows furrowed. "I don- I don't know if I do anymore actually."

And that's what Chris just realized.

Did he really like Minho at this very moment?

It was a strange question, because yeah, of course he did.

But did he really?

Chris knows that he hates Strike and if Minho was Strike that would mean that he hated Minho.

Chris just realized that he was trying so hard to like Minho at this moment just because he's in denial.

He doesn't want to hate Minho.

But now he is realizing that he probably was all this time.

Chris stepped back. "Oh my god. I don't think I... I mean... I tell myself that I like my boyfriend, but now I'm just realizing that it's because I don't want him to be Strike, but I know he probably is now. It's just my brain telling me that... I... Oh my fucking god."

Chris looked up at Tekit and Slick, his realization quickly turning to anger. "I won't fall weakly to such deception. He is going to... he needs to pay for this."

---

Chris entered into the house, walking slowly to his and Minho's room. Chris peeked inside, seeing Minho's sleeping figure peacefully laying down on his bed.

Chris walked in, staring at Minho's face, anger bubbling inside of him.

How could his best friend, the person he's known for ages, his boyfriend, do something like this to him.

Minho "saved" him back when the fire had happened, but did he really?

Chris walked over to his own bed, stripping down to his boxers and getting into his bed. He won't be sleeping with Minho tonight.

Or maybe ever again.

Chris looked up at Minho, seeing him roll over in his sleep. He looked so content.

It's going to be hard to let go of Minho, but he's going to have to for the sake of his future and his sanity.

A/N okay that's a literal oh snap

unedited