1

Y/n POV
There was a new kid at our school and he was really cute but me being the shy person I am I didn't know how to talk to him.

"Stop being pussy and do it" my mama said

"I can't ma" I whine

"I'll do it" she rolled down her window

"Nah I'm fine" I got out the car with a hurry.

I had him in my third period but I never talked to him and he's been here for two months.

"You got this" I breathe when I step in my third period class.

"Okay partners will be Shelby and Chris, Rachel and Johnathon, Crystal and Antonio, Y/n and Sharife, Tia and Nick, Macey and Angel..." the list goes on but I was partnered up with him and not for just any project this was the baby project.

"One of you come up and get your child"

"You want a boy or girl?" He asked me

"Uhh it doesn't matter" I say and he nods going up to get our child.

"Our child elite" he showed me the baby,for it to be a doll it looked so real.

"He almost looks real"

"He do though" he laughed cradling him

"Dang Sharife you ready for kids?" One of the boys in the class joked.

"Shiii"

"Mr. Cooper" the teacher looked at him

"My bad Mrs.Thomas" he said then licking his lips after

"So you all know how this goes you will be graded on your parenting and hopefully this will make you not want children in high school because it is hard"

"I already babysit my niece what this baby teaching me?" Tia asked chewing on her gum obnoxiously

"You want a zero? cause I'll give it to you" Mrs. Thomas said, yeah she was that teacher.

"Nah I'm just saying"

It was pretty close to the end of the semester and if she failed this project she'd most likely fail the class.

"Okay so I was thinking you can have him tonight because tonight I got practice but tomorrow we can do a trade off and like every other day I have him you have him and on Saturday we'll spend a family day" this sound like real parenting. I wish.

"Okay" I nod

"So you wanna give me your number or snap?"

"Here's my number" I wrote it down

"Ima text you... Y/n" the way my name roll off his tongue I like that,maybe a little too much.

I got home with the little baby and my mom looked like she was about to kill me.

"Who baby?"

"Ma it's fake" I laugh

"Then why is it crying Y/n?" She put her hands on her hip

"It's for a project"

"Oh let me see"

"And it's not a it he's a he"

"My bad daughter" she picked up the baby "we had eggs not baby dolls"

"Ancient" I mumble

"I thought a girl who can't talk to her crush said sum" she laughed

"It wasn't that funny" I straight face her

"It is" she wiped the tears that were coming out her eyes.

"He's my baby daddy"

"Girl you wish" she caught her breath

"For the project, he is"

"You for real?" Her eyes lit up

"Yeah"

"So you gotta talk to him, I bet yo ass was confused and scared to talk you probably did that quiet talking I hate that"

"I don't think I did too bad"

"That's good I wanna met this baby daddy of yours" she winked.

"Maybe" I smile taking the baby from her feeding him.

I was chillin and the baby was "sleep" so I wasn't worried about it.

I had a income FaceTime call from a random number but I knew it had to be Sharife.

"What up" he looked super sweaty

"Hey" I show my ceiling.

"Show ya face" I looked at his face and he seemed pretty happy so I showed mine "what my son doin?"

"He's sleeping"

"Oh well, I just called to check on y'all. He not giving you a hard time is he?"

"Nah he's fine" I smile

"Okay just making sure you better take care of my child" he pointed at me

"I will bye Sharife" I hung up the phone and this dumb ass smile wouldn't leave my face.

I was about to start my Calculus homework and he start crying. We never came up with a name so I guess I'll just think of something now. I was torn between Kayden and Karter I texted Sharife a few of the other names too but I told him what I narrowed it down to and he liked Kayden so we were sticking to that.

"Get that baby" my mama yelled while I fixed the bottle.

Before giving him the bottle I changed him laying him on the right side of my bed.

"This too much" I say when I read my clock it was 10 and I had yet to do my homework.

After I finally finished I was gonna get in the shower but I had another call from Sharife.

"I don't got no excuse to call you this time I was just telling you good night,so good night baby mother"

"Good night baby father" the cringe I shake my head before he hung up.

I got in the shower and went to bed just waiting to see him again tomorrow.