Chapter 1: A Faithful Encounter

3rd Person POV

Birds are chirping while in on a mountain top a 13 year old boy in a green checkered haori with hanafuda earrings can be seen covered in soot putting a large basket on his back. When he suddenly hears someone call for him.

"Tanjiro come here." a women named Kie Kamado calls. He walk over and she pulls out a small rag.

"Look at you, you're covered in soot." She laughs and she gently whips his face. She gives him a concerned look before speaking again.

"It dangerous with all this snow and the cloudy sky, I mean the day is barley even bright. You don't have to go down there you know, you could stay here for the day."  In the general voice she says, hoping that it would convince him not to go down the mountain. Tanjiro flashes her a wide smile that can blind anyone.

"I know, but I want everyone to eat their fill on New Years, so I have to sell as much charcoal as possible, plus because of the covered sun it's going to be colder and some people might not have enough to keep their family's warm" he reply's keeping his smile the whole time.

"There's no convincing you to stay huh?" She sighs. Tanjiro shakes his head and giggles.

"Thank you Tanjiro, but be careful okay?" He gives a quick nod and is about to walk away when two small children, a boy and girl around the age of what appears to be 8 and 9 respectively, run up to him.

"Ni-Chan are you going into town again today?" The boy named Shigeru asks.

"I'm going with you!" The girl named Hananko adds.

"Oh no your not. You can't walk fast like Tanjiro," the kids try to protest but are quieted, "You can't since he' not taking the cart today he won't be able to give you a ride when you get tired." Kie said with a stern face.

The kids pout while Tanjiro giggles. They then turn to him in hope of being able to convince their older brother.

"Nii-Chan, pleeeease" Shigeru says while hugging the older male.

"I want to go with you, I promise I'll help." Hanako begs.

"Thank you Hanako, but your staying home today, same goes for you Shigeru. It's really couldn't and I don't want you guys getting hurt, okay? I promise to bring you tons of goodies and I'll read to you Hanako when I get back" he smiles down at them. Their frowns turn into bright smiles at the mention of goodies and books, and they agree to stay.

"Thank you Tanjiro, they seem to listen to your words more than they do mine" Kie smiles, Tanjiro just giggles in response and he looks over to a boy, who looks to be around the age of 11, who has been watching the whole scene go down.

"Takeo! Will you chop as much mood as you can while I'm gone?" The boy looks at his older brother before reply.

"Sure I'll do it, but I was hoping we could do it together" Takeo reply's in a low mumble but Tanjiro could still hear him. He walks over and pats his head a couple of times.

"There, there" Tanjiro says, takeo flushes a bright pink before yelling.

"WHATS THAT FOR ALL OF THE SUDDEN?! STOP THAT!" he yells while continuing to turn a dark red.

"Hey your blushing Take!" Shigeru teases.

"No I'm not!" He protests.

"There,there." Tanjiro says rubbing his head again.

"I said cut it out!" He yells, everyone giggles and the scene. Then Tanjiro leaves
turning around to wave goodbye to his siblings while they yell for him to stay safe. Not that far from his house he runs into his 12 year old sister Nezuko carrying their 6 year old sleeping brother on her back.