61

Chapter 61 – Cruel and Unscrupulous
Jiao Xia had also been covered by the great snowstorm and everything that they saw in the vast region was white. Jiao Xia was situated at the very back so from the start of the Great Righteous and Demonic Cultivator War to the end, it had been very stable and safe. Regardless of what kind of news it received, it was unalarmed.

Having left ten years ago, Chu Yu’s memory of Jiao Xia had already become fuzzy. Coincidentally, the moment he entered Jiao Xia he saw Fang Ye City not far in the distance. He followed his memory of those years and traveled north from there. He then saw the city that he had taken Xie Xi to have a drinking party with courtesans.

bc novels
please read this at BC Novels
Recalling that pure young man who had been so furious at the time that his face had turned black, Chu Yu’s eyes lit up. He was in an excited mood as he dragged Xie Xi into the city and walked two laps around it. He wanted to sigh.

The young Xie Xi from back then was so obedient and adorable……

Xie Xi cocked his head and looked at Chu Yu: “What is Shixiong thinking about?”

Chu Yu replied: “I want to eat tanghulu……too bad the weather’s too cold for it right now.”

Hearing him mention tanghulu, Xie Xi suddenly remembered his younger self who had sneakily taken advantage of Chu Yu. He couldn’t help raising the corners of his mouth and grabbing ahold of Chu Yu’s hand. He earnestly intertwined their fingers together before calmly walking beside him.

Chu Yu was somewhat baffled. After walking two laps around the city, they finally found the flower building from back then. It had been ten years since they had last visited it and the present flower building had already been destroyed and shut down. It was now a regular family inn.

Chu Yu found it unfortunate and lamented: “The place where we had our first drinking party……has already gone bankrupt. What a pity, what a pity.”

“Why does Shixiong think that it’s a pity?” Xie Xi lowered his head and looked at Chu Yu.

In the past several days, he had gotten used to the sight of the adorable, red-lipped, and white-toothed little shota with skin as white as jade. Now the person beside him had returned to his original state and regained that aloof, pure, cold, and noble appearance. His black eyes were like deep, cold pools while his lips were the same shade as light-colored cherries.

The image of Chu Yu collapsing in front of him while drunk suddenly arose in his mind.

Xie Xi couldn’t help stroking his own lips as he recalled how he had taken advantage of Chu Yu’s drunken state to steal a kiss from him. The smiling look in his eyes deepened.

Chu Yu was even more baffled: “Shidi’s mood today is quite good?”

Xie Xi’s complexion became solemn: “As long as Shixiong accompanies Shidi, Shidi will be happy every second of every moment.”

Chu Yu’s eyebrow twitched. He said: “Read fewer conversation books. Those things harm your intelligence.”

They toured the city for a while but since this small city didn’t have a righteous cultivator resting here, they couldn’t find out any news. Chu Yu took out the star plate that seemed as if it was about to collect dust in the corner and looked at it for a while before he found the largest city in the vicinity. He planned to ask around for information regarding Jiao Xia’s current state before returning to the Chu family.

Xie Xi’s hopes were dashed.

He had to return to Tian Yuan Sect while Chu Yu had to return to the Chu family. The current situation was worse than staying at Qing Tu. The camp wasn’t too big or too small so they could meet whenever they wanted while the Chu family was located considerably far from Tian Yuan Sect. Once they separated, they were unlikely to meet up again for a period of time.