49

Chapter 49 – Just use your mouth
credits for bcnovels
Thank you for reading the novel at bcnovels 𝒹❁𝓉 𝒸♡𝓂
Xie Xi was very unhappy.

Chu Yu knew why Xie Xi wasn’t happy. It was because Xie Xi was unhappy that Chu Yu felt happy. He cleaned the fish and cheerfully lit a fire with a rack for cooking the fish. Rummaging around in his storage ring, he found the seasonings that he had thrown into it some time ago and used them to season the fish one by one. Chu Yu said: “If you want some good roast fish then you have to take it slow and remove the scales then cook it over a small fire. Then it will taste good…”

As Xie Xi listened to Chu Yu speaking, his mood lifted. Thoughtfully looking Chu Yu up and down, Xie Xi’s lips curved up slightly: “I will listen to everything Shixiong says.”

Chu Yu’s head was bowed so he didn’t notice the dangerous glint in Xie Xi’s eyes. When he had finished patiently seasoning the fish, he raised his head. Looking at Xie Xi who was sitting beside him like a cute, well-behaved little darling child, Chu Yu’s heart was suddenly filled with love.

Ah, this obedient look, like that time when he was still a cute little shota…1

Now that the sky was getting dark, the light from the fire shone on Xie Xi, making his facial features even more beautiful.

Chu Yu’s heart started thumping loudly and he felt somewhat uncomfortable.

Oh no, he was done for! The heart of this “face-con”2 who was extremely weak when it comes to beautiful faces, has begun to pound.

After staring at Xie Xi for a long time, Chu Yu slowly moved to him and raised his hand to touch the child’s head. He said, in the kindly way of an older person complimenting a child, “I didn’t expect Shidi to grow this big in the blink of an eye.”

“For Shixiong, it might have been just a blink of an eye.” Xie Xi took Chu Yu’s hand and raised it to his mouth for a kiss. His eyes darkened. “But for Shidi, those ten years of darkness were so long that they seemed almost endless.”

Until he saw the end.

At the end was Chu Yu.

Chu Yu was stunned. He hesitated for a moment then asked about the thing he had been worrying about in his heart: “I heard that in your that first year, you were…”

Xie Xi knew what he wanted to ask and smiled: “I went crazy.”

He was so straightforward that Chu Yu was somewhat uneasy: “Shidi?”

Xie Xi took Chu Yu into his arms and, as though he hated being apart, rubbed his face against the side of Chu Yu’s face: “That’s what other people said.”

Chu Yu breathed a sigh of relief and he was just about to smile when Xie Xi continued: “But I really did go crazy. For more than a year, all that I remembered was that I was waiting for Shixiong outside the Mausoleum Ruins. I waited until the four seasons passed outside the Mausoleum Ruins. When autumn came, I suddenly regained my senses. I didn’t remember what I had been doing for so long, and I couldn’t even remember what had happened inside the Mausoleum Ruins…”

His tone was very calm but his words made Chu Yu’s heart ache.

How painful that must have been…

Xie Xi held him a little tighter and muttered: “I really couldn’t remember anything. For such a long time… all I could think about was Shixiong. Whenever I thought of Shixiong’s smile, I felt that I could still find the strength to live…”

Chu Yu felt even sadder: “Alright… you don’t have to say anything more.”

Chu Yu had originally wanted to ask Xie Xi what he had been doing all these years. Unexpectedly, Xie Xi had just started speaking but Chu Yu already couldn’t bear to hear any more.