Chapter 21

"Bye"

As they left the restaurant, Kuroko's first job was to struggle out of Midorima's uncomfortable hold.

"Put me down Midorima" he sighed and the green immediately complied.

"Sorry"

There was silence as Midorima didn't know what to say. Instead Kuroko took lead of the conversation.

"How's Shutoku?"

"Not as much amusement as Teiko but manageable"

.....

"You seem to trust... Takao was i-"

Kuroko was stopped by Midorima's bandaged finger on his lips.

"Don't talk about other guys now please"

Kuroko blushed and conversation was easier as Midorma took charge and Kuroko got to listen.

"I want to apologize since I still don't seem to know how to transport you" he sighed and Kuroko smiled, traces of the slightly chaotic Midorima he knew were still there and it made his heart flutter.

"That's okay, I still find it amazing we're even talking now."

The green head went silent as he looked at Kuroko and sighed as he pushed his glasses higher in his face.

The fact remained that he had told Kuroko, "that is why you are no good", before the blue head dropped out of the team. He didn't know he had said it if he were to be perfectly honest but during the time, just like the others, he was drunk on power and was bent on only getting stronger and better at his own style of basketball, ignoring everyone else around him.

Now that his mind was clear after being in the dark for so long, those last memories were painful and it hurt to know he hurt Kuroko.

"Yeah but... that's not it, Kuroko I-"

He paused as he looked around, Kuroko nowhere to be seen.

"Kuroko?"

"You can't just pick up some random dog

"You can't just pick up some random dog..." Midorima sighed as he found the baby blue crouched down near the box.

Kuroko looked into the pup's round  lie eyes and couldn't help but pick him up and cradled the creature in his arms until Midorima groaned and nodded.

Seeing the agreement, the baby blue lit up and put the dog in his hood to keep him warm before looking at Midorima who was obviously blushing.

Kuroko glided over and went on for a hug, latching onto Midorima's waist as he gave a squeeze.

"Kuroko? I-"