“Fine. Let me change.” I called as I watched him paced towards the main door.

I didn’t wait for his reply and made a quick run to my room. It took me half an hour to change and retouched my make up before heading out. When I got to living room, there wasn’t a sign of Hugh. I glanced towards the main door, which was closed. I debated on staying put and calling it a night when the front door suddenly opened.

“Are you done?” Hugh called out in annoyance, startling me for a second.

“I’m coming.” I replied and rolled my eyes at his impatience.

As we got to the elevator, I was about to call for Russell, but Hugh beat me to it. He pressed the button for the Lobby as he told me the whereabouts of my driver/bodyguard. When we got to the main exit of my apartment building, Russell was already outside, waiting for us with the car on standby.

In silence, I got in the car first as Hugh followed behind me. When the door closed, Russell smoothly drove us towards the main street. I turned to Hugh, looking at him in wonder.

I was about to ask him how he convinced Russell to follow his orders. But, he beat me again. “Don’t worry, Newman. I asked nicely.” He suddenly said, like he knew what I was thinking.

I rolled my eyes at his words and turned my attention outside the window. As we slowly headed out to the busiest part of the city, I begrudgingly look back at Hugh.

“Where are we going?” I asked in disinterest.

“I was invited at an after party for a store opening.” He replied with his usual smug expression.

I rolled my eyes at his words and studied the street we are in. Where is he taking me? I can’t help continue to wonder internally.

“We are going to a club, if you’re desperate to know.” He said with a chuckle.

“A club? Which one?” I asked, almost in alarm. I’m going out in a very public place with him, not a good idea for me.

“If you are worried that you’ll be seen with me, don’t worry. I already asked Russell to drop me off a couple of blocks from the venue. I will meet you there in a few.” He replied, dodging my question again.

My lips thinned into a grim line as I eyed him sternly. I was about to angrily ask him again about the location when Russell stopped the car at a corner street. In my surprise, Hugh jumped out of the car quickly before the traffic light turned green. I eyed the empty seat beside me as Hugh roughly close the door, and then half run away from the car.

“Where is he going?” I asked in disbelief.

“He is heading out first, Ms. Newman.” Russell replied as he stepped on the gas pedal when the light turned green.

I huffed out in frustration as Russell drove the car silently to the destination. I didn’t bother ask him anymore since I will know the place in a few minutes. Russell slowed the car down at a busy looking street, where a red carpet is most likely happening, with the paparazzi surrounding a main entrance. He pulled the car over to a line as each car stopped in the middle of a swarm of paparazzi. I moved towards Hugh’s side of the car, and eyed the overhead sign lightening up the most part of the sidewalk and entrance.