"You see, only a person who wanted to find the Stone, find it, but not use it, would be able to get it. That is one of my more brilliant ideas. And between you two and me, that is saying something."

"That's pretty cool." I move my eyes back to the cards and gifts on my side table.

"Does that mean, with the Stone gone that is, that Voldemort can never come back?" Harry smiles.

"I'm afraid there are ways in which he can return. Harry, do you know why Professor Quirrel couldn't bear to have you touch him?" Dumbledore questions.

Harry shakes his head.

"So you weren't lying!" I blurt out.

They both stop and look at me blankly.

"Sorry. Continue." I chuckle awkwardly.

"It was because of your mother. She sacrificed herself for you. And that kind of act leaves a mark."

Harry reaches to his forehead. To touch the lightning bolt scar.

"No, this kind of mark can't be seen. It lives in your very skin."

"What is it?"

"Love Harry. Love."

Dumbledore starts to walk away but spots something on Harry's candy cart.

"Bertie bott's every flavor Bean. I was most unfortunate in my youth to come across a vomit-flavored one. And since then, I'm afraid, I've lost my liking for them. But I think I could be safe with a nice toffee." He reaches into the box and grabs a brown one. "Mhm, alas, earwax."

As Dumbledore leaves , I stand up and get my bearings. Right as I'm about to go and find Draco, he walks into the room holding a cup of water. When he sees I'm awake and moving, he drops the full cup onto the ground and rushes towards me at full speed. I meet him halfway and wrap my arms around him. He picks me up and spins me around in a circle.

"What the hell happened?" He demands. "Why is your neck so bruised?"

"Can I explain it later? It will probably take me like an hour." I smile brightly into his shoulder.

"Sorry to interrupt whatever this is, (Y/n), but I'm going to go see Ron and Hermione. Would you like to come?" Harry asks.

"No, tell them I'm alright, and I'll see them soon." I answer Harry.

Draco and I collect all of my cards, candy, and gifts. We slowly walk down the hallway, and I explain the entire thing. When I'm finished, he seems completely lost.

"You are impossible to keep out of trouble." He manages to say. "I would have gone with you if you told me."

"Don't. You would have locked me in my closet." I laugh.

"You're probably right." He admits.

********************

Today's the last day.

I can't believe a whole school year has already gone by.

I was reunited with my Slytherin friend group in the common room a few days ago. And my Hufflepuff/Gryffindor friend group too. They were just glad I was alive.

Eventually, what had happened in the dungeons spread around the school. I didn't mind though.

"(Y/n)! Hurry up, our last dinner as first years is about to start." Draco yells from my doorway.

"Please don't remind me we have to leave tomorrow morning." I groan.

"Let's goooo." He shouts. 

"Coming Draco." I hold up a heart with my hands.