luke and myself had a strange relationship. if anyone took one look at us they would think we were dating one another. but it was not that way at all. well sure, we kissed, but to him it meant nothing. it was a silly kiss. nothing but friendship here.

"if you say sooo." I pondered, eyeing the ride up and down.

and without another word, luke began pulling me through the crowd. I slowly tagged along, our hands still attached. he looked back a few times to check if I was actually still there. it was hard to believe that I actually caved in.

we reached the part of the pier where it extended outwards for the rides. the Ferris wheel was spinning and swirling bright colors. an old Hannah Montana song blasted in the background, causing this whole situation to be very odd. what was going on.

as we got in line I felt my heart drop to my stomach. now that we were actually close to it, I began regretting my decision.

luke tugged on my hand, but I stood there in my tracks just staring at the ride with wide eyes. I wouldn't allow him to take me any further.

"no, nope, no way, I can't do this." I shook my head over and over, making my decision clear.

luke let out a groan, "jade," his hand let go of mine and ran it up my arm and rested on my shoulder, "you're going to be fine, you have me right by your side." he narrowed his eyes into mine.

I tore my eyes away from the ride and into his, "im going to be okay." I nodded, trying to keep my mind positive.

"that's it!" luke smiled innocently at me and lightly pulled me towards the gates.

my eyes widened once Luke draped his hand onto my lower back, guiding me into the ride. we took a seat in the cart, Luke sat on the opposite bench facing me.

The worker slammed the door shut, causing me to jump, and gave it a bang to make sure it was secure. I was breathing a bit more harder than usual. I shot over to Luke, who was gazing at the view.

the worker spun back around and made his way over to the box that controlled the ride. he did a little nod and then it started.

I jumped as the cart rocked back and fourth, slowly rising to the top.

"l-luke!" i stuttered over my words, grasping onto the pole that was in between us both.

luke tore his eyes away from the view and back at me. he chuckled at how pathetic I looked. he stood up some and made his way next to me.

luke placed his hand onto my thigh, resting there for assurance. my hands clenched onto the pole like this was a life or death situation.

we weren't even fully up at the top yet, but we were above the ocean. I squeezed my eyes shut as the scenery below became smaller.

that same damn hannah montana song rang across the pier.

'He's got something special
He's got something special
And when he's looking at me, I wanna get all sentimental'

it was driving me insane, but luke seemed to have fun with it.

we were now at the very top of the wheel and the ride came to a stop. there were people at the bottom who needed to get on the ride, and of course we were up at the top at the time.

as it stopped I let out a short gasp and bit down on my lower lip, just wanting this all to be over.

"jaaadee," luke chuckled, "jade, c'mon babe look at me."

I felt weight being lifted off next to me as my eyes slowly opened. and luke stood up, dancing around the cart, trying to make me laugh.

the cart shook back forth, causing my stomach to tremble.