pink

Jade ;

"oh god how I hate friday's." claudia jameson, my best friend and partner in crime, seemed to mutter under her breath.

I let out a soft sigh while tossing a strand of my long blonde hair. ae walked side by side in our school uniforms mindlessly gazing for claudia's car.

It was now fall and the air was crisp and with each breath you took in you would feel refreshed. the leaves began to change as some fell on the sidewalk, our ever-so hideous school platform shoes crunching on the ones in our pathway.

"why would anyone in their right mind hate fridays?" I softly spoke, which was a habit of mine I had to stop. most people will remind me how much of a quiet speaker I am. You would not believe the amount of times I have repeat myself.

"I suppose I used to like them, but let's be real here we do the same thing every weekend." claudia ran a hand through her short hair, flipping her sunnies over her eyes to block the california sun.

I shrugged, "a movie night with some Ben and Jerry's."

"don't forget the prank calls to Ashton Irwin at two in the morning." which made Claudia giggle, shaking her head at how pathetic we could be.

you see, being the two girls at school who go unnoticed half the time comes with challenges. the two of us have been completely head over heels in love with Ashton, the most talked about boy in our grade. and he didn't even bother to look my way.

"well what else would we do?" I followed behind Claudia slowly, getting distracted on my phone screen.

we reached Claudia's car as she stumbled around in her purse for the keys.

"I don't know." she pursed her red lips, "leave the house, socialize."

I heard the door unlock and quickly ducked into the passenger seat, placing my pink heart sunnies over my eyes. Claudia always calls me a child when I wear them, but who can resist pink heart sun glasses?

Claudia sat down in the drivers seat while slamming the door tightly, "Jade I want to experience it all. I mean Christ, we live in California, I want to adventure and be young and dumb." she sighed softly and began to start her engine.

I chuckled to myself, "you do know this isn't a movie, right?"

"shut up." she gave me a friendly push and backed out of the schools parking lot.

the sun was setting as we drove which was nice to gaze out the window and see all the pretty pale oranges and yellows. I could sit here and capture it all in my mind, just like a photograph.

the radio played in the background, some song by that one man that goes "you're beaaautifuuuull, you're beaautiifullll, it's truuee."

I can't stand sappy love songs.

I rested my head in the palm of my hand and shifted my gaze over to Claudia who was focusing on driving.

"if you had the chance to have a relationship just like the ones in the movies, would you?" I laughed at myself for sounding so pathetic, "remember when we watched The Notebook and promised that we weren't going to cry but ending up crying like babies?"

Claudia shot her head back in laughter and shook her head quickly. "oh god, how could I forget?" she said through laughter, "but I mean, ive been feeling quite lonely ill have to admit."

"you have me." I stupidly added.

she shot me a look, which being friends with the girl for years now I can read it so clear.

It was the look that spoke, 'Jade are you fucking kidding me'

"please elaborate on your loneliness, my friend." I brought my lower lip between my teeth and gazed at her.

she began to fantasize and twirl a piece of loose hair,

"shit, I don't know. I want a boy to kiss whenever I want, to show up at my house at three in the morning and call me until I wake up just so that we can go somewhere alone, a boy who makes me feel happy." a

nd with that I watched as she began to get all smiley.

I blinked at my friend, putting her thoughts into consideration. I haven't always been a hopeless romantic, in fact I haven't know any better being completely ignored at my huge private school it's easy to get lost in a crowd.

I am almost eighteen and have not been properly kissed. there was a time in grade seven when I was dared to play seven minutes in heaven with the infamous, Michael Clifford. He ended up grabbing my ass with both hands and slowly made his hand up to my chest before I could slap him off.

but that was so meaningless.

from what she was saying, a boy in my life did not sound bad at all. in fact, I seemed to crave it deep inside.

but all I am is Jade Everhart, the girl with pink heart sun glasses.

and in this very moment in my life i had realized that i am lonely too. and i craved someone too one day.