9 | Catching Flights

Harry:

I could barely sleep. Which, I don't really know what I expected. I felt like I was coming down off of a drug-induced high if I am being honest. I hated not getting a good night's sleep, especially the night before I have to travel. But my brain can't possibly think of anything other than her.

My body naturally woke me up around eight a.m. due to the sun that was pouring into my room through the windows. I love the peacefulness that I feel here in Nashville and as I stared out the window this morning, I found myself not wanting to get on my plane tonight. But unfortunately, I can't push leaving any further back than I already have.

I roll out of bed, leaving my phone face down on the nightstand, and went into my bathroom to take a shower. I reach behind the glass wall and turn the faucet, letting my hand feel the water until it's hot enough.

Stripping down from my underwear, I step into the scalding water, hissing as it hits my back. I lean my head back and let the waterfall onto my face as I run my hands through my hair to disperse the water across my scalp. It doesn't take long before my mind takes over and thoughts of Easton come flooding back into my mind.

I wonder what she is up to if she is still asleep if she's drinking coffee in bed, or maybe she's a runner and she's bounding through the city somewhere right now.

I put the shampoo in my hair and lather it up into my curls that are getting a little long, but I think the fans like it longer, at least that's what I read.

I have to get it to my head out of the gutter. She has consumed my every thought for two days now and it's a little embarrassing. I don't know what has gotten into me, but I am not really sure what to think of this situation. I know that Jeff is pissed at me for bringing her along without the heads-up, but Mitch thinks he'll get over it when we get to New York and he has bigger things to worry about.

I know that things will also get easier for me once I get out of Nashville. I have to remind myself that she lives a normal life, something that I don't get the luxury to do. I am not even sure if she would want to be wrapped up in this world if I asked her to be. She seems to not care at all that I am who I am which is what I think has me so intrigued by her. I feel the need to try and impress her but for once it seems like I can't use the fact that I am a celebrity to do that.

I shake my head underneath the water and rinse my body with the vanilla-scented body wash before I flash the water to cold for a few seconds to let my body decompress. I rest my hand on the glass wall and drop my head forward to let the water hit the back of my neck before I reach out to cut the water off.

I step out and dry myself off as I walk into my closet that I have here. It's just got the basics so I pull a pair of white flared trousers and a black button-down shirt off of a hanger. I hurry to get dressed so I can try and get my shit together before she gets here. Now, I am extremely nervous for her to come to my home here because this is letting down a wall that I have kept so high and have actually managed to keep a secret from the world.

But I know she won't think a thing about it.

I make my bed back up and gather the clothes from the night before and fold them neatly on the bed. Before I can go and grab my favorite suitcase, my phone starts to ring on the nightstand. When I flip it over, I see Jeff's name on the screen. I groan to myself before I slide my finger across the screen and put it on speakerphone.

"Good Morning," he says before I have the chance to speak.

"Mornin',"

"We have a flight to catch at five tonight, don't forget." His tone is condescending, and my stomach twists because I really don't like fighting with him. He may be my manager, but he's also a close friend. The business side can tend to blur the lines just a bit though.