"Okay," Mando says, nodding his head while easily taking his jetpack off without a moment's hesitation. He sets it upright on the ground then takes a small step back, showing the guy that he was giving him the space he needed to safely take it. I furrow my brows and go to stand up, wanting to deal with this guy for even daring to threaten the kid, but Mando olds his hand out to me, telling me to stop. "It's yours. Just take it."

"Mando-" I try, knowing that I could do something to stop this, but he doesn't listen to me. 

"Mae," he says in a stern tone, keeping his gaze locked on the child. I keep my mouth shut and nod my head, knowing that it would be best for me to just stay quiet in this situation. Mando doesn't do anything with having a plan of action. If he was willingly giving the guy his pack as well as my saber, then he must have some sort of plan. I just had to trust him on it. 

My nerves slowly start to ease as the man sets the kid back down. He snatches the jetpack up, dashing off the second his little fingers wrapped around the metal sides. I watch as he practically throws his knife to the side, completely disregarding its use the moment the shiny blade hits the sand. 

"Is he alright?" I ask, my glare turning soft the moment my eyes set on Mando and the kid. He nods his head, letting me take a quick glance at the smiling child. He quickly starts to mess with the control pad on his vambrace, swiping his gloved finger across the top of it. 

I furrow my brows, wondering what he was doing, but the sound of a jet bursting answered my curious wonders. I look over to see the guy flying through the air, barely even holding onto the jetpack. I hold in a small laugh, biting my bottom lip while looking away. 

"And here I thought you might actually let him get away," I say, smiling up at the tall Mandalorian. 

"How could I ever?" he says, looking over to me while quirking his head to the side. I let out another laugh and hold my hand out in the air, waiting for my saber to come back to me. The silver hilt zipped back to my hand and I shove it back onto my belt. I look around a bit to see everything we had been carrying on the speeder, scattered about on the sandy ground. 

"Well, this should be fun," I mutter, standing up to my feet and dusting the sand off of my pants. 

"You get to carry the kid. I can take everything else on my own," he says, already starting to pick stuff up while cradling the kid in one of his arms. 

"Like hell. I can carry the kid and some other stuff too," I say, walking over to the pair of boys. I take the kid from his arms, gently cradling him with one arm, just as Mando had been doing as I held my other hand out to him to grab whatever he might give me. 

I keep looking at the kid, smiling and winking at him as he cooed back at me. Something then gets shoved onto my head and I let out a loud yelp, not expecting for most of my vision to go dark. I take a few steps back and then look up at Mando. He lets out a deep chuckle, shaking his head as he laughed.

"So, that's what you would look like as a Mandalorian, huh?" he teases, crossing his arms while continuing to laugh. I peel the helmet off and roll my eyes at him, letting a small sarcastic smile flicker over my lips. I toss it back over to him and hold my hand out, hoping that he would actually pass me something this time around. "A very short Mandalorian."

"Yeah, well, this short Mandalorian is going to kick your ass if you don't give her something else to carry," I say, sending him a mocking smile while waving my fingers in hopes that he would just give me something. He continues to laugh as he hands me his long rifle, letting me sling it over my shoulder as I playfully glared at him. He quickly gets everything packed up and balanced on his shoulders.