23: Macklemore Prison ✔︎

Start from the beginning

    "Thank you, now what is this organization he leads called?"

     "I can't tell you that."

     "And why is that?"

     "Because it's not my place, and he will kill me."

     "You're in this place, he's not getting in without people knowing," I insist.

    "He has his ways. Next question?"

    "Uhh, is the group of HYDRA we captured the only agents of HYDRA out there?"

     "We're everywhere," he immediately switches moods to a more creepier one.

    "Can you be more specific?"

    "How much more specific can I be? It's HYDRA. We're HYDRA-,"

     I interrupt him, "you're HYDRA. Not me. There's no we anymore, Rumlow."

    "We'll see about that," then he says something unexpected. "3аброшенный," he states in Russian. I flinch immensely hard, as to be expected when he says one of my trigger words. (Abandoned)

    "Yes, I still know your words. I have that power over you, even if you like it or not!"

    I shudder as I ring my hands, that one word still having an affect on me. God, I hate the life I have.

    "We're done here." I roughly slam the book of questions shut, standing from the chair harshly.

    "But Kitten, I wanna play." He says in a pleading voice. I glare as strong as I can, wanting to look tough. I am solid. I am marble. I make my face stone, my eyes icy.

    "Ah, there she is. Good girl," he praises on the fact I can make myself seem fierce. I growl at him, and he snaps his teeth at me mockingly. He smiles deviously, watching me exit the room.

    I hate that man.

    As soon as I close that door, I slide down the wall. When the door of the room that could see and hear everything opens, I stand back up and compose myself.

    My dad immediately comes up to me and places his hands on my shoulders, peering into my eyes.

    I roll my eyes. "I'm not her Papa, no need to get your knickers in a twist."

    He rolls his own eyes, and pulls me close to him. He doesn't show great affection in front of people who aren't the team. Understandable, I don't either.

    "We going home?" Hey look, Wanda's back from her own visit.

    "Please," I drag out, rubbing my eyes.

    Ross interrupts our passage to get out of this place. "Not so fast. I expect to see more of you, Ms. Barnes. I am proud of the amount of information you have brought forth from him. But I'm going to ask you this, and you're going to answer in all honesty."

    I gesture for him to continue. "What was that word that he spoke? It made you extremely shaken up, what language was it?"

    I stay silent for a second or two. Should I tell him one of my biggest weaknesses? Of course not! So I lie, I'm good at that.

    "Just a word he would taunt me with back at the base they kept me in, it's Russian."

    With that I turn and pace to the elevator. The others follow behind closely, giving me concerned looks often.

    We exit the building, and enter the car. I slam my door shut, squeezing my eyes closed tightly. Don't cry. Don't cry. You can't cry. Not here, not now, not ever. Weapons don't weep.

    A hand on my arm makes me flinch violently, seizing the hand in my grasp and squeezing harshly.

    Realization hits me like a ton of bricks. It's Nat's. I immediately let go of her hand, rambling apology after apology.

    "It's okay V, I should of known not to approach without warning."

    I shake my head, slamming my hands against my head.

    "That's the thing. You shouldn't have to know. I'm not normal. Please, just leave me alone right now."

    My dad stop my hands from hitting my head, whispering comforting words.

    "Please don't shut us out. Shut me out." Bucky whispers pitifully. I whimper as tears well up in my eyes, but I don't let them fall.

    "It's okay to cry, V. Studies show that people feel relieved after crying." Sam informs me.

    "Yeah, well what about girls who were tortured all her life, and when she thinks she's finally free, the man who has controlled her all her life, still has that power over her?!" I rebuttal.

The car stays quiet the rest of the trip home.

It was uncomfortable. I kept fidgeting with my hands, wringing them out with the other. I would flinch every time someone moved too fast, or unexpectedly.

This is my life, yay.

    "How was the visit at the Macklemore? Everything go okay?" Tony inquires as soon as we walked into the living room.

    "Just fine. Let's not talk any further of it, kay?" Nat sternly implies.

    "Is there a problem Agent Romanoff?" Vision questions with concern that I question if real, him being a robot and all.

   "Not at all," Steve answers for her. She gives him a look saying 'I can speak for myself.' Stevie rolls his eyes, proceeding to go sit on the couches.

    "So, what's for dinner?"

Author's Note: It's cold outside, and my brain is freezing. Does that make sense?
               - J.S.

11.18.2020
1839 words