23: Macklemore Prison ✔︎

Start from the beginning

"It's not your fault. I have to come every Monday. I'm going to try and figure out how long you have to be in here."

"Please," he drags out. "I'm so bored, that I'm seriously thinking about committing."

Wanda and I glare harshly at him. I look at my phone to see that I have to go see Rumlow.

Sighing out, "I got to go. Wanda will keep you company." She beams at me.

"You coming back, or no?"

"No, Wanda will come up when she wants. I'm only allowed one visit per trip."

"Aww, okay. Bye, Hunt!" He waves, as I walk down the hall to the elevator.

When I arrive at the designated floor, I see my group waiting in front of the door for me with Ross.

    "Mr. Secretary," I state professionally, shaking his hand.

    "He's ready for you, we'll be on the other side of the glass." Ross informs. I nod and they open their door, me opening mine.

    He sits like he once was, chained to the table in the middle of the room. He smirks when he sees it's me.

    "If it isn't my little pet. What do I owe to be in your graceful presence, princess?" I shiver at the nicknames.

    Quickly brushing it off, I sit across the table in the vacant chair.

    "Here to ask you some more questions." He quickly becomes guarded once again. "I see you're going to be very cooperative today."

He growls. "Don't have an attitude with me." I slightly flinch at the mood change, hoping it wasn't that noticeable.

He laughs maniacally. Guess not.

"Guess kitten doesn't like my mean voice," he says in a voice you would use on a baby.

"Just answer the questions, and I'll be out of your way."

He nods for me to ask away. I nod and proceed with the interrogation. "Who all knows the trigger words to activate the Winter Soldier?" I jump right into it.

    "Everyone that knows is either dead, or under heavy protection."

    "Do you know the words?" I ask my own useful question.

     "No, I do not. But I am not that traitor's handler, I'm another traitor's handler." He hints to me.

    A voice rings throughout the room from the intercoms. "Ask him who he handles."

    I exhale, already knowing the answer.

    "Well, the very own ShadowHunter. She's my pet. The one and only Vera Zola-Barnes."

    I'm shaken up by the name of my alias and mother's maiden name.

    He finds joy in his effect he has on me. I glare at him, asking him the next question.

    "Back to the last interview, who was the 'he' you were talking about?"

     His eyes glaze over in fear. It's so unfamiliar, and surreal. I'm weirdly joyed and afraid at the same time. Brock Rumlow is scared.

    He stays silent, and doesn't answer the question.

     "I can get out of your hair, the faster you answer the questions."

    Rumlow continues to stay mute. I go to ask another question, when he speaks up. "I've only heard rumors about him. Even as the leader of HYDRA, I wasn't allowed to meet this guy. Some say that he is a different breed, can kill you with just a look. Things have been tossed around, so they aren't very secure."