Chapter 15

"Hello Mr Meltdown..."

The acid comprised humanoid knelt to be at Kellys level. The stench drifting off his slimy green surface was toxic on the nose, metallic and burning. Kelly hugged her doll tighter and retreated into the corner, curling into a little ball.

"Hello there young child and what may you be doing here all alone?" Meltdown asked, his odd accent making it hard for Kelly to discern what he said.

"Momma sends me to play at other places when she works, she's very busy right now," Kelly replied meekly.

Meltdown nodded. "Ah I see." A moment of thick silence passed with Kelly refusing to meet Meltdowns gaze. Arachnia had sent the Dinobots off the island, to the dismay of Kelly who wished to further play with Snarl but her momma assured her that they would return later that day and they did with an added guest. Meltdowns presence instantly put the young girl in a sense of unease despite being eloquent and proper in his mannerisms, not displaying any signs of hostility whatsoever. To Kellys child mind Meltdown just straight up gave off a bad vibe. When she asked Arachnia what was the purpose of bringing this stranger to the island the techno organic vaguely answered that she needed his help to complete her work and as soon as they were done Meltdown would leave. Kelly could not wait for them to be done working for 1) she could spend more time with her momma and 2) she really did not like Meltdown.

"Tell me something child, why are you living with this creature?" Meltdown inquired.

Kelly fiddled with Lucy Anne's wooly hair, still averting her eyes. "She's my momma, she takes care of me."

Meltdown was about to pry further when a tall shadow fell upon them both. Arachnia hovered behind Meltdown, her optics darkened. Kelly's eyes brightened upon seeing her momma. "Momma!" she exclaimed, rushing past Meltdown and hugging the servo offered by Arachnia.

"Meltdown, I thought that you were going to use the facilities," Arachnia stated flatly.

Meltdown stood, inclining his head forward. "I apologize, I only wished to make sure that your little one was alright when I saw her playing alone."

"Her wellbeing is none of your concern."

Kelly patted on the surface of Arachnia's palm, trying to gain her attention. "Momma, can I go play with Snarl now?"

Arachnia turned to the child, her countenance softening. "I don't know Sunny, it's already getting dark outside..."

"Pleeeeease?" Kelly pleaded, her baby doll eyes shining. Arachnia could not say no to that face.

"Alright, but only for a little while. I'll come out to call you back in, okay?"

With an eager nod, Kelly raced down the halls, disappearing around the corner with Lucy Anne waving as she dragged the doll behind her. Meltdown watched the child leave before turning to Arachnia. "She is quite the lively one, isn't she?" he stated, "Children are such wonderful blessings."

Arachnia turned back to the scientist, her indifferent expression returning as she narrowed her ruby red optics. "You should concern yourself less with my daughter and more on your purpose being here."

"Of course, I understand. But still, aren't you being a tad bit over eager to rid yourself of such a brilliant feature? Your organic half is such a marvelous attribute."

Arachnia tsked before striding on ahead. Of course, the rest of human kind would be more endeared toward a creature comprised of the same organic matter as them. Thank goodness Kelly was not as judgemental. "Just know your place Meltdown, I only want to make myself whole again. Complete this and you shall be free to go and do whatever you want."

Meltdown followed not far behind.

"Do not worry child, I will make you whole...."

_______________________________________

Kelly ran as fast as her little legs could carry her, stumbling along the way to her Dinobot friend. She giggled excitedly; she had not played with Snarl the entire day, having been confined to the inside of the compound. The sun was already dipping low, hues of warm afternoon mixed into a cool evening. Under the cover of the trees, it was already rather dark, but by now Kelly already knew her way around the island, having spent hours playing in one location to the next. Once she had even convinced Snarl to carry her as they raced circles around the island on the beach front. Kelly giggled at the memory. "Snarl? Snarl! Where you? We can play now!" she hollered into the trees.

Not far from where the child was Snarl's audio receptors perked up as he rose from a light recharge. The other Dinobots still outcasted him, though no longer instigating any conflict or else they risked facing the wrath of Blackarachnia. They stigmatized his friendship with Kelly, so he would spend his nights alone. However, he had accepted this. In his mind, he had made the right choice. If only his brethren could see what he saw in the child then maybe they would understand why he was so attached to her.

Getting up with an excited wag of his spiked tail, Snarl began to trot happily, following the sound of Kellys calls.

"I'm just saying, I can be quiet if I wanted to!"

Snarl froze. That voice, that was not Kelly but he felt like he had heard it before...somewhere...

"Of course, you can Bumblebee," came a cool sarcastic reply.

Snarl definitely knew THAT voice. From afar, obscured by trees and foliage, three unmistakable figures walked through the forest. Snarl looked around warily before turning to sneak away only to stop as he remembered something. Kelly...she was heading straight to them.

Kelly continued to call for Snarl, but after a while of calling she stopped as her friend had oddly enough not appeared immediately as he usually did. Maybe he had already gone off to bedtime? Or maybe he just could not hear her? Kelly decided to try one other option. Spotting a cluster of huge rocks layered in moss, the child, placing her doll in her front overall pockets, heaved her way to the top. Flopping onto the top breathless, she got up, brushed herself off and took a deep breath. "SNARL! WHERE ARE YOUUUU?!" She shouted as loud as her lungs possibly could.

After her echoes died down, Kelly was met with silence. She pouted in disappointment, expecting Snarl to come bounding out from the trees like he usually did. With a dejected sigh, Kelly turned with her head low, on her way to climb back down only to smack into a wall and fall onto her bottom. "Ow..." Kelly whined, rubbing her nose but her pain was forgotten as excitement took over.

Snarl had come after all!

Only... when she looked up it was not Snarl blocking her path. Instead, it was a very tall and distinct red and blue bot.

"Hello little one, are you lost?" Optimus asked.