Chapter .....2

So sorry my pc was on strike. Anyway my twitter account is now operational. So follow me @BenjiePhoenix. Special sneak peaks are available there. So check it out. Also I'm a bit concerned with the number of votes this story has. It has 3!!!!!! Only. I'm offended and you wonder why I don't update it regularly. So the more you vote the more I upload. I'm serious.

Chapter 2

Li sat stiffly in a cream leather sofa while Cormac spoke in a hushed voice to the sales assistant at the expensive boutique he'd brought him to. What kind of man inspired the respect, awe and, most likely fear that kept an exclusive boutique open for its only customer at eight o'clock at night?

The answer was right in front of him, in the arrogant, authoritative stance and the assessing dismissive look Cormac shot him before turning back to the assistant. "Don't let him choose his own clothes. He wouldn't know what to pick."

Li pressed his lips together and gazed blindly out of the rain-smeared window. Cormac was right; he wouldn't know what to pick. But Cormac didn't have to tell the assistant that, and certainly not in that tone.

On the taxi ride to the boutique, Li had decided not to get angry at Cormac's rude and arrogant ways. He just wouldn't care. Cormac was known as ruthless and cold, he reminded himself; Cormac was indifferent to the point of rudeness. He was also respected because of his family name and his incredible talent. Right now those titles didn't seem to matter very much.

"All right, sir."The assisant, a sleek woman in a grey silk suit, came forward, smiling briskly. "Mr Magrel would like you to be outfitted for the weekend. Will you come this way?"

With a jerky nod, refusing to look at Cormac, Li followed the assistant into the inner room of the boutique.

"I'm Claire," the woman called over her shoulder as she began pulling clothes from the racks. She began a list of clothes that were washing over Li in an incomprehensible tide of sound.

Li had never spent much time or money on clothes, never had the inclination or interest( contrary to the gay stereotype), not to mention the means. Now he reached out and stroked a navy blue blazer with light blue trim, the material sliding through his hands like water.

Why was Cormac doing this? Surely, surely as his secretary he didn't need clothes like this no matter how promising or prominent this commission could be.

Did Cormac feel sorry for him? Impossible. Embarrassed for him? By him? Li considered it, but decided Cormac Magrel didn't have enough sensitivity towards anyone to feel such an emotion.

So why? Because he knew, more than anything, that Cormac didn't do anything unless there was something in it for him.

Mr Hawk? Claire indicated the sumptuous changing room and with a little apologetic smile, Li entered.

An hour later he was trying on the last outfit, a charcoal black tux with a silver shirt. Li smoothed the elegant material over his chest, amazed at the transformation. He looked overawed by the glamour and he was.

Just what was Cormac trying to turn him into? Because it wasn't working. What kind of a man did he want him to be this weekend. . . and why? Perhaps Li was paranoid to be so suspicious, yet he couldn't shake the unreality of the situation. . . the impossibility.

"Gorgeous," Claire murmured, and gestured him to leave the dressing room. "Mr Magrel will want to see this." "I don't think-" Li began but Claire was already pulling his hand and from the corner of his eye he saw Cormac stand up, alert and ready, lips pressed together in a firm, hard line.

Li stood in the middle of the room, conscious of the way the tux clung to his body and swirled around on his feet leaving very little to the imagination. . .to Cormac's imagination. Cormac surveyed him from top to toe, his hazel eyes darkening, his face expressionless. "Good," he said after a moment,"add it to the rest."