07. The Key Card

CHAOS THEORY.
THE KEY CARD.

─────

February 2015

Willow and Mike didn't linger in the room outside the Chapel doors for long. They made their way back toward the hole in the ground, but turned toward another hallway with an entrance reading ADMIN. Mike hesitated, looking to the right to see another area. held the lantern in front of him, leading both himself and Willow through the doorway.

Mike turned to the right, looking inside of the area only to find it trashed completely. Willow whistled lowly at the sight, massaging her hands through the gloves as she followed Mike to the lone table against one wall.

Mike picked up the piece of paper, turning it so that they could both read the contents.

Willow's brows furrowed. This had to be before the article was written about the reporter that got assaulted here, she thought to herself.

"That's weird." Mike said, turning over the paper to see if anything was on the back. "They just forced them all out?"

Willow shrugged, "I guess."

He put the paper down, sighing. He nodded back toward the ADMIN entryway, silently telling Willow that they should probably head that way. There was no where else to go without a key card.

We should probably find one of those, actually. If they still work, at least.

Willow followed behind Mike, tense as they walked into the ADMIN area. Mike glanced to the left, but continued walking forward. Avoiding the smaller room attached in the room, Mike started to look around, something reflecting the light from the lantern catching both of their eyes. Walking over to the old cabinets, Willow approached first.

She reached out and grabbed the camera with nimble hands, turning it around. The lens was broken.

Willow recalled the reporter who got his camera confiscated by security when he tried getting interviews with the miners. It must've been his. Shrugging, she put it back. Mike tapped her arm, gesturing to head through the doorway across from the one they entered. He was starting to look creeped out by the place and Willow was not going to blame him one bit for it.

The damn place was creepy, but the mines were still creepier.

She nodded, following him.

"Right or left?" Mike mumbled, stopping just after walking through the frame.

Willow looked at both. To the left was the morgue, which may mean dead bodies given the state of the place. To the right seemed to be just another room.

"Right first. If there's no way through there, then we'll come back and go left."

Mike nodded, agreeing with her words as he walked through the next doorway to the right. Willow sighed as she let her eyes wander over the trashed office. They would have to double back and go to the morgue. Willow really didn't want to go to the morgue of all places.