Sleeping With You

Having the ability to love you is the best blessing I could ever ask for. Despite the distance and the miles between us, I am still to sleep with you and cuddle up close to you.

As I watch your body rise and fall with every breath you take, I come to appreciate the little things about you that only I get to see and experience. How you would barely move on some days and how you shifted so much in your sleep that your covers would fall off. It's in the way you held your pillow close and tight against you and knowing how that same exact pillow makes you feel like I'm right there with you.

You're precious especially in your sleep. You would toss and turn but you always had that special pillow with you. You have times where you slept on your sides or back, bringing your forearms to your head. Sometimes you would sit up or talk or even walk to switch off your lights.

You're loving even when you're asleep. You still love me so much even when you're unaware of it. You still say my name and your whispers of I love yous fill my heart with so much joy. You make sure I'm safe in your arms and that you'll protect me even when you're completely passed out.

I used to get upset at you for falling asleep on me. It used to hurt me but it doesn't anymore. It hasn't for a long time. Maybe because I've grown. The fact that after a long day of working or fulfilling all your responsibilities, you still made time for me right before bed.

You make the effort to drink energy drinks and even try sitting down or playing videogames just to keep yourself awake so that we can spend time together. I used to not appreciate that and I really regret it. Because you made little moments matter. The little moments that only you and I get to experience together.

Maybe because after two years of sleeping with you, I've grown to love listening to your mumbles as you drift off and your steady breathing. I had trouble sleeping without you with me even if I know, the end of your line would be quiet because you've always been so quiet in your sleep. I've grown to yearn times you would wake up and tell me how much you love me in between sleepy moans and sounds you make.

You are the love of my life. Whether you're awake or asleep. You are the best thing to ever happen to me and I am so lucky that I am able to be a part of your life and that I'm allowed to love you.

Now I can watch you fall asleep and it makes me feel so close to you. I love watching the shape of your body under your covers as you have your back facing me. I love how your lips part a little and how your hair looks throughout the night. God must have spent a little more time when he created you because I've never met anyone so flawless even as they slept. Maybe it's because I love you or because you truly are perfect as you sleep. I've been around two years and it's such an intimate time with you that I would never exchange for anything in this world.

You are the first man to truly show me what love is and it comes in the little moments like these... I can listen to you for hours as you peacefully got the rest you deserve. I am blessed I can be the woman beside you. I love you so much.