kiss but don't tell.

*harry styles pov*
My fingers tapped along with whatever the stereo was playing as we winded through the busy streets of LA. No part of me wanted to be out at a party tonight, but I trust Mitch has my best intentions in mind by helping me cut loose. I know writing another album so shortly after my first was ambitious, but something about sitting still frightened me and I knew I had to fill my mind with something before I went crazy.
I took a left onto Bellevue street and could almost instantly hear the music from the large house at the end of the street.
"Mitch, for fucks sake you said it was a kickback" I glared over at a blushing Mitch who just shrugged his shoulders sheepishly.
Fuck this. I'm going to be harassed all night. So much for "letting go".
I found a space for my car on the side of the road and rubbed my temples after shifting into park. "Mate, I promise these people are cool, no ones going to bat an eye that you're Harry."
Mitch's weak attempt to make me any less annoyed failed miserably. My fingers grazed the keys still in the ignition and debated turning back and going home. I could be in my linen sheets, working up a lyric for my next song while a movie played in the background. Instead, my head was pounding to the beat of a Travis Scott song in the distance. Before I could even have the chance to start the car up, though, Mitch had snatched them out of my hands.
"An hour, tops. Then we leave" he winked at me before slamming the passenger door shut.
Fuck it.
The music only grew louder as we approached the door. Inside was close to 60 people spilling throughout the living room into the kitchen. Through the thick layer of smoke, I could see everyone with a drink in hand, dancing to the music. I had been here for a total of 5 minutes and knew this was not the vibe I was hoping for. But in that 5 minutes, not a single person had approached me asking if I was The Harry Styles. It felt nice, I was just one of the people.
I somehow stumbled through the crowd to the kitchen and poured myself a drink from one of the kegs. If I'm going to be in this environment, I'm going to embrace it completely.

ONE HOUR LATER.

The party had only gotten crazier as the night advanced. I couldn't remember what number drink I was on, but I wasn't bothered in the slightest. My back was pressed against the living room wall as Mitch and I talked to some of his friends. I think the one talking was named Garrett, or Garry? It was definitely a G name.
"I'm going to get another" I slurred out to the group as I raised my empty solo cup. As I was stumbling away from the group I felt a tight grip on my bicep which whipped me around, almost taking me off my feet. Garrett, or Garry, kept his hand on my bicep to balance me.
"Hey how about we try something else?" He smirked at me. I was too drunk to read his thoughts and just let out a questioning hum in response.
"Have you ever tried x?" He leaned in closer as he spoke.
I had tried ecstasy once or twice in the band, but was never a big fan. However, after a countless amount of booze flowing in my bloodstream, this man could have suggested sky diving naked and I would have agreed.
I looked over at Mitch. I don't know why I needed his approval, but his reassurance would help make up my mind.
He shrugged with a curious look on his face.
"Let's do it!"
A chorus of cheers throughout our group was let out and Garrett led us to the kitchen.
"Cassidy! My favourite girl! How are you tonight?" Garrett shouted across the kitchen at a girl facing the counter.
Her head whipped around at the sound of her name. She combed her long brown hair out of her face. She looked like an average 20-something old LA girl with her pin straight hair and a tiny black top that made it hard not to look at her boobs. She paired the look with black jeans and white vans, just like mine. She smiled as she looked at Garrett, or whatever, and opened her arms to hug him.
"Oh Jackson, what do you want now?" She giggled. Oh, his name is Jackson.
"Do you have any x on you?" Jackson asked in a hushed voice.
I scoffed as he asked that, and I guess it was loud enough to draw her attention.
"What's so funny about that, mr. boy band?" She crossed her arms, only making her boobs bigger.
"Hey, my eyes are up here?" She snapped which broke my trance on her body. I mean she was fit, theres no way around it.
"Sorry, I was looking at your shoes" I fumbled out a lame excuse of a lie.
She gave me a puzzled look.
"We're wearing the same shoes" my voice wavering with every word I spoke. She looked down at her shoes, and then back up at me. She hesitated before breaking out in laughter. Her laugh was sweet like cherries and calmed the nerves I had just built up.
"Yes, I do have some. Do you have the money?" Her attention shifted back to Jackson as he pulled out some cash.
They swiftly exchanged goods, and she nodded to the next person. She made her way down the line before coming to me.
"You sure you want some?" She teased. Her eyes never leaving mine as she spoke. I was intimidated.
"I-"
"Oh my god I love this song, come dance" she interrupted me before I could speak and drug me to the living room as some ASAP rocky song started up.
She turned to face away from me and her body swayed against mine. My hands instinctively found their way to her small waist and pulled her closer so my hips pressed against her butt. She was decently tall, which I liked as I kissed her neck with ease. I didn't know what I was doing, it was the alcohol moving me. She whipped around with her face almost inches from mine, and in a swift move our lips connected. I opened my mouth and her tongue began exploring. I felt the pill on her tongue as she offered it to me. I accepted and leaned in for more but she pulled away, a smirk dancing on her lips.
"Enjoy the trip, Harry." She winked as she walked away from me.
Here we go.