~Chapter Eight~

Sodapop's Pov
   We walked down to the DX and I continued working. I couldn't stop thinking about how she called herself a greaser. Her whole family is Soc. I went to the garage to help out Steve and talk to him, while Kylie sat in the front at a table. "Hey, bud. Where did you go?" He said sliding out from under the car. "I thought Kylie was gonna get hurt by Socs. They turned out to be her brother and his friends. He found out we are dating and pulled a knife on me. Kylie jumped in front of me with her own knife to her throat. She said if they cut me she'd cut herself." I looked at him waiting for a response. He looked shocked. "Wow. A Soc saved a greaser from her own Soc family." I clenched my fists. I got up in his face. "I don't know what your problem is, but you need to shut your trap!" He was upset and regretting what he said. I walked to the door and turned around, Steve still staring at me. "Wanna know what she said when they left?" He just stared at me. "I'm in my territory and I will protect myself and anyone who belongs here. That's what greasers do." He didn't say anything. Just opened his mouth. "She disowned herself as a Soc. She's a greaser now." I smiled thinking about her. I shook my head at him and walked back to the front. "You done in there? I missed you up front," she said smiling. I smiled back at. "Yeah I'm done." I walked up and kissed her cheek. "I love you." She laughed a bit confused. "Love you too."

Kylie's Pov
   Soda was working and all I could do was smile. Then it hit me. I'm gonna show him off to my parents. Am I crazy? No. I am in love. Soda pop realized I was dazing off into the distance. He sat down across from me. "I don't think I told you my name," he said grinning. All I could do was blush. "Tell me then," I said leaning forward putting my fist under my chin. "The name is Sodapop. I just wanted to tell you that you are awful gorgeous. And I think I'm in love with you." I looked him over. "Nice to meet you, Soda. That's an original. But I think I heard you wrong. I think you should have said know instead." He laughed at me and I smirked. "Sorry ma'am. I meant I know I'm in love with you." We both smiled and he kissed me. I softened into the kiss and he smiled. I pulled away with a look in my eyes. "What is it, Kylie?" He got confused. "I think I might be crazy, but." He nodded for me to go on. "I'm gonna introduce you to my parents." His eyes widened and his mouth dropped open. "For real?" I smiled and nodded. He smiled and grabbed my face, kissing me with love and excitement. He pulled away and smiled. "When?" I thought it over in my head. "After work we can run by your house. You get some nice clothes on and I'll get one of my dresses on. Then we will walk straight through the front door and I will explain everything. If they try to kick you out or make us break up, we run back to my car and you'll have a roommate for a bit." He grinned and I smiled. "That is a great plan." He jumped up and went back to work. I sat there and watched him. He was so handsome. I was so in love. In an hour or so he was done with work. We hopped in my car and he drove. When we got to the house I changed into a blue dress. I didn't realize that Soda stayed in the room while I changed. I turned around he just smiled at me. He stripped down and threw on a plaid button up shirt and some nice jeans. He greased his hair and combed it back. He looked nice, but still like a greaser. "You look handsome," I said smiling. "And you look hot," he said making me blush. He kissed me on the cheek and we headed for my car. I drove this time. We pulled up to my house and I started shaking. "It's ok," he said hugging me. "We can leave if you want to." I shook my head. "Not happening." He smiled and we got out. I opened my door and they were on the couch like I hoped. I walked in first. They jumped up excited I was back. "Hey honey," my mom said. Then Soda walked in. My dad got angry. You could see it in his eyes. "What are you doing with a greaser?" I looked at him. I was pissed. "Don't talk like that. Especially not to me or him. His name is Soda. And we are dating." I smiled. My dad clenched his fists and my mom was shocked. "Nice to meet you all," Soda said standing by my side. "Don't talk to us. Get out of my house," my dad furious. "If he leaves, I leave." My dad looked at me. "It's for the best then." I didn't think he'd say that. "Fine then. Bye dad. Bye mom." I turned around but my mom stopped me. "Wait!" I turned around to look at her. "Don't leave. Come sit for a minute. Henry please leave me and them to talk." He shook his head and left to his room. Me and Soda sat down at the table with my mom. "It's nice to meet you Soda."