Sickle For Your Thoughts

Start from the beginning

Fred and George progressed to where Maura and Elodie were perched on the edge of the couch, reading over their schedules.

"What are we doing today?" Lee questioned excitedly. This seemed like a bit of an odd question, as they had literally just been handed their schedules.

"You mean, what classes we have?" Maura frowned.

"No, he means what are we doing today?" Fred waggled his eyebrows. The boy really did have a talent for that.

"By doing, do you mean, like, a five-some?" Elodie smirked. Maura giggled.

"Mind out of the gutter, Florence, I mean what are we doing for fun today." Fred grinned.

"Wouldn't it be a quintuple? Grammatically speaking?" George wondered aloud.

They would never figure out the grammatically correct word for a five-some, for at that moment Harry and Ron appeared in the common room, making their first appearance since Kings Cross station.

"Where have you been, little brother?" George wandered over to Ron and Harry, putting his arm around his sibling.

"Yeah, you missed the feast." Elodie frowned. Hermione came rushing down the stairs after them, hitting Ron on the back of the head with a book.

"Ow!" He complained.

"Where were you?" She hissed. "I was all alone at the sorting!"

"Sorry, Hermione. We had a few problems yesterday-" Harry winced.

Harry and Ron proceeded to tell them the story of the barrier closing, and the flying car, and finally their less-than-civil encounter with the Whomping Willow.

"Wicked!" Was all Fred had to say. Elodie snorted.

"Oh I'm sorry, that sounds terrible!" Maura sympathized, as was her way.

"A little bit wicked-" Elodie grinned.

"Very badass-" George added.

"But terrible." Said Hermione seriously. "I cannot believe that Snape tried to have you expelled."

"Well, I reckon he would have me expelled for sneezing, if he could." Harry said glumly.

"Don't fret, Harry, that man has had it out for the three of us since before I can remember." Fred gestured at George and Elodie.

"Yeah, I bet he hates us way more than you! We're much more trouble." George reasoned.

"I dunno..." Harry sighed. "But we didn't get to eat last night, I'm starving."

"Yes, let's go down for breakfast." Hermione smiled kindly.

"Thank Merlin." Ron grumbled.

As they hurried to the Great Hall for breakfast, Fred, George, and Lee were still on the topic of what they were going to "do" that day, but Maura insisted that they attend all of their classes today, as it was the very first day.

"Maurs, I really don't think we should, though." George made a face, chewing on a piece of toast.

"Give me one good reason."

"We have potions first." Elodie stated with a glare up at the teacher's table.

"Who cares, you're fantastic at potions!" Maura pointed out.

"Being good at something doesn't matter if you have him as a teacher." Her eyes were still at the front of the room, scowling at their potions master who was shaking pepper onto his eggs. To be completely honest, he was harder to hate when seen casually eating breakfast food.