Stars of the night sky

Start from the beginning

"I guess I won our little bet." He whispered into my left ear. His voice which was so hoarse right now sent shivers running down my spine.

I couldn't hold back any longer. I twirled around in his arms. It didn't take me a second to locate his soft lips. I descended deliciously on them with all the fire that he started in me. I could feel his lips tremble a little bit the moment my lips touched his, this made me smile. The words that kept ringing in my head were victory at last. Oh, how I wish Lewa could see her big bro right now, he was practically fighting not to melt into wax. I felt no pity for him, besides he started all these anyway, with all the flirtation he had been serving since we arrived at this beach.

Right now, it felt as if I was the captain of this burning lip-lock, I was the one leading and he was following. But not for long though, because he took charge when his tongue slowly slipped into my mouth and made this electrifying connection with the tip of my tongue. I moaned and my knees weakened again, but he steadied me by holding my hips firmly. "Damn! What a man!" Screamed the voice in my head.

He broke the kiss and stared into my eyes, I saw the hunger in his eyes and I bet he could see the hunger in mine too because he swallowed hard and his Adam's apple bulged out a bit in the process, which I found very sexy.

"Your lips are so addictive." He said with a whisper as he stared at my lips. I loved the sincerity in his voice, it made him sound so innocent, just like a kid who did not feel shy to express his attraction to ice cream.

Alan bit his bottom lip, then tilted his head, but this time he resumed the kiss on my shoulder. The asymmetric neckline of my dress gave him enough room to plant gentle kisses from my shoulder tracing them up to my neck then to my jawline and ending on my lips. Way to go, dude! Do you have a Ph.D. in kissing or what? I was tempted to ask.

The combo kiss he just gave me corrected my senses, never was I ever gonna place the name Alan in a sentence that had "innocent kid attracted to ice cream" in it, cuz this dude right here was far from innocent. Alan reminded me of the lyrics of the song Heaven by Julia Michaels "...All good boys go to heaven, but bad boys bring heaven to you." In Alan's case, he was a guy with the perfect blend of two contrasting sides, good and bad.

"Oh, brother." I said trying to steady my breath when the kiss finally ended.

Alan gave me a naughty smile, as he slightly raised both hands, then he said "I am innocent, you started all of this by looking so hot tonight." I knew what he was doing, he was trying to play the sheep and make me look like the wolf here, but deep down he knew we were both guilty as sin. I wanted to argue, but what my body was feeling now, wouldn't let my words come out coherently, so I just stared at him.

Alan sobered up, "This place holds innumerable memories." He said looking around the placid environment, then he focused his gaze far across the coast.

I stared at his profile, he was neither smiling nor frowning, "Do you like to share?"

"Sure. There is something about this place, it brings out emotions, depending on what you're feeling. From romance to admiration to even pain. It's a place I come to whenever I feel like letting out steams... Be it tears or joy. I used to come here a lot back then, particularly when I just finished writing WAEC."

I could agree with him, this place felt special. "You are right, it has a way of digging out one's emotions from their deepest profundities." I replied.

"Yeah, it does." He said. "When I found out dad had a son outside the blissful marriage he had with mom, it broke me, but what even tore me apart the more, was how badly it damaged mom's emotions back then. She couldn't believe her perfect husband, in quote, could have had a one-night stand with a prostitute, then that prostitute bore him a son and abandoned her newborn baby boy with my dad, then dad did what most men would do... He kept him a secret from his loving family for sixteen good years." Alan flashed his eyes in my direction and gave me a sad smile. I held his arm to comfort him.

He covered my hand with his as he accepted what I was offering. "Thank you, though we are all over it now. Deji is an amazing soul, just like his name implies, he is adventurous and daring... Though his nature and good looks make him nasty sometimes, especially when it comes to dealing with the emotions of ladies, but asides from that, the young man's heart is pure. I would never have wished for any other younger brother than Deji, he has got my back 24/7." Alan said.

"Though I wish you were there to comfort me during those tough moments." He said looking straight into my eyes now. At that moment, I knew the time for us to have that talk I had been avoiding since he showed up on my threshold at the mansion, had finally come.

"Valerie, why did you leave without saying goodbye?" He asked, still looking into my eyes, as though he could see right through my soul. From the sound of his tone, it was unmistakable that he demanded answers right this very minute.

***************************************************************************************

There was no running this time, I had to give him answers now. But how was I supposed to tell him my major reason for staying far away from him, was because I was scared I was going to lose him like the other loved ones I lost? Or how I felt like something was wrong with me, and anyone who got too close to me was gonna die, or maybe something bad could just happen to that person. That the major reason I left, was because of this saviour complex in my head that believed if I stayed away from him, I was protecting him? I guess that would sound so damn stupid now, wouldn't it? So I decided to tell him part of my reasons for leaving, to avoid presenting myself like some paranoid airhead.

I cleared my throat. "Because I just lost my dad, and the whole thing was too much for me to take in, hence I left..." Then I said in a lower voice with my head now facing down "I am so sorry."

His right index finger softly went under my jaw, then he lifted my head and made me face him, then he said "Hey, hey, it's okay Hun. That happened ten years ago so you don't have to be sorry..."

"I know it happened ten years ago... But me leaving you like that was so damn selfish of me... I should have informed you first." I said, pausing in between words.

"I know you should have, and to be sincere, I was freaking hurt, it tore me apart for that whole year..."

"I am so sorry..." I said fighting the tears pinching the edges of my eyes.

"But hearing your side of the story now, kinda just changes everything... And if I am being sincere, I would have done the same if I were in your shoes... Your dad meant the whole world to you." He said, with a very soft tone as he held my cheeks and gazed into my eyes, showing me how much he understood and how he wasn't being judgmental at all. I was surprised at the turn of events. A few moments ago, I was thinking of the reasons I had to give to him for leaving, and a few moments later he happened to be the one explaining to me that he understands and that I shouldn't beat myself for anything. It felt like such a relief... Like a heavy burden was lifted off my chest.

He noticed I was close to tears, so he pulled me to himself, resting my head on his chest and at the same time patting my head gently. The painful emotions of losing my dad, pushed out the tears I had been fighting, they came running down freely. I didn't make a sound, and he did not say a word, he just held me tightly, like his life depended on it. The sound of the whispering waves calmed my spirit, the comfort of his warm embrace felt like home. If I was being honest with myself, Alan was my oasis of peace in a troubled world.

A/N

"Alan was my oasis of peace in a troubled world."😊❤

I sincerely want to apologize for not writing for a while now, this book ought to be finished by now, cuz the story is complete in my head.😄 I lost my dear aunty towards the ending of last year, so my emotions were not alright, it also ceased the ink in my pen... Apart from that, my job and my final year academic research study, haven't given me that space to be creative.

But we are back tho💯 And you are gonna be getting updates from now on. Special shout out to all those who kept reminding me to update... Y'all almost gave me a heart attack.😂🤣😂🤣❤

You can place your thoughts in the comment box.💬 Don't forget to hit the star⭐ down below to vote.🤗

As usual.🤭 Can you keep a lil secret?🤫🤐👇

I love you all awfully.❤💕💞🥰😍😘You guys are the best!💯💯