08. The Dinner Date

Start from the beginning

Harry gave his friend a look for what seemed like forever and tightly clasped his lips together. "Okay, fine, I'll be on your side for this. You're right, I'm sure I would've done the same."

"I, I really do need to apologize to her and t-tell her the truth. But I just can't wrap my head around the fact that Hermione is with Draco Malfoy. And so soon." Ron whispered, a flash of pain running across his face. "I guess I can never get her back." He mumbled, rubbing his chin as he sighed. "I made a huge mistake."

"You did." Harry agreed, nodding.

"We could be planning our wedding right about now if I had just ..."

"Ron, stop it. You made a mistake, there's still time to apologize, though."

"Yeah, I know." Ron heaved another deep breath as he got up. "Well, I better go. Ginny probably hates that her older brother is crashing her house every night."

"Damn right I do. Go away, Ron." Ginny walked into the living room as she tied her hair up. "I don't need my brother to ruin my beautiful home with his crying and moaning of agony. Go, get cleaned up, and get some sleep." She said, walking over to the kitchen as she opened the refrigerator.

"Bye," Ron waved goodbye to Harry before he apparated out.

Harry sighed, slumping his shoulders. He turned and narrowed his eyes on his wife, walking over to her casually. "Ginny, what do you know?" He asked, getting straight to the chase.

Ginny took out some pasta from the pantry as she stared at her husband suspiciously. "Know what?" She asked, cocking up an eyebrow.

"I heard something really funny today. I heard that Hermione is dating Malfoy."

"Huh, really?" Ginny asked with wide eyes as she scoffed. "No, that's impossible, Hermione would tell me." She lied easily with another sneer. "Harry, why are you lying to me?"

Harry lowered his gaze on her, sighing. "Ginny, I know you're lying."

Ginny stared at her husband for a while and finally cracked. "Oh, fine! Okay, I'll tell you, gosh. Stop looking at me like that," She exclaimed, throwing the pasta into the pot. "Yes, they're dating, okay. The truth's out, please don't tell Hermione you know. She will kill me." She said, begging for mercy. But in the back of her mind, she felt a guilty conscious wash over her for she was lying yet again.

"How did that happen?" Harry asked, taking a seat on the stool, staring at his wife intently.

Ginny looked around the place, trying to think of something to say. She finally recalled what Hermione had told her and sighed. Hermione, please don't kill me. "Okay, but you have to promise not to tell anyone - even Hermione."

"Of course,"

"After that night, Hermione went to the Leaky Cauldron because you know, she had just gotten dumped! She had a few drinks - several, actually. And she happened to meet Malfoy there and ... well, it doesn't take a genius to figure out what happened next." She said with a nervous chuckle, focusing on her cooking.

"Are you serious?" Harry asked, his eyes widening with horror.

"Don't tell a soul, especially Ron!" She warned, raising the knife up in front of Harry. "Oh, sorry, sweetie." She chuckled, setting the knife down. "But really, don't tell."

"Y, yeah, I won't. I just ... I'm shocked. Wait, is she pregnant?" Harry suddenly asked, panic and fear surging through his body.

"No! No, of course not. No, look, nothing like that. They're just ... getting to know each other better, I guess." Ginny calmed her husband down. "Come on, help me cook." She said, quickly changing the subject with a sigh of relief.