2. Back Together

Mia's pov

Sam had texted me this morning and asked me if I wanted to get some brunch with her and Noah.

Of course I agreed.

Dad and Isabella had the day out too. I didn't spend much time with them afterall this is THEIR vacation. I'm just kind of tagging along to get my mind off a few things.

Also to see my friends, Sam and Noah.

I climb out of the elevator of the hotel and enter the lobby.

While I'm walking towards the doors I search my small bag to check if I got everything I needed with me.

Cellphone, key card-

My thoughts are cut off when I notice a familiar person sitting in the lobby's  waiting area.

Their back is facing me but I knew that familiar dyed dark hair.

My heart skips a beat and I lick my lips before walking up to the person who seems to concentrated in their phone.

When I'm just a few inches from the person I look over the person's shoulder.

"Emilio?"

The person turns around and that familiar striking blue eyes lights up in surprise when they see me.

"Mia? Wow, I didn't expect to see you here." Emilio gets up from his seat and slips his phone into his front jeans pocket.

I rake my hair behind my ear, "Yeah, I could say the same about you."

We stand in a few moments of awkward silence.

"What are you doing here?" I then ask him, "Wait, you're not stalking me right?" I joke.

"No, just-"

"Mia?"

Emilio looks over my shoulder to the voice behind me.

I knew that voice and my breathing catches in my throat.

I slowly turn around.

I recognize his dyed black hair that now has streaks of red in the front.

His familiar black hoodie he liked to wear and white ripped jeans.

"Ivan..." I mutter.

Ivan looks just as taken aback as I am.

Suddenly images of Ivan kissing me flashes through my mind and I find it hard to breathe.

"It's so good to see you again." He walks up to me and engulfs me into his arms.

I'm too surprised to hug him back.

He pulls apart from me and studies my face before his eyes study mine.

"I've missed you." He then says lowly so I could only hear.

I swallow hard and rake my hair behind my ear.

It was something I found to do alot when I'm nervous or anxious.

I look back up into his bright blue orbs.

"I've missed you too."

His lips tug into a smile.

Emilio then clears his throat.

"Hm, I'm still here."

Ivan and I break apart.

"What are you guys doing here?" I finally ask.

"Like I was trying to say Ivan and I, we actually meeting up with a few music producers. We making new music and decided to shoot the music video here in Los Angeles." Emilio explains proudly.

A genuine smile plays across my face and I look over at Ivan who's flustered.

"Wow, that's amazing you guys! I'm so happy for you." I say in astonishment.

"Yeah, but enough about us, how's vacation been here so far? Being back home..." Ivan steps in.

"It's been really good so far. Dad's been showing Isabella around and she just loves it so much. I met up with two of my high school best friends which is really great too."

Ivan and Emilio nods in understanding.

"Shoot. Which reminds me, I almost forgot. I'm actually meeting up with them for some brunch in a few minutes." I check my texts just in case Sam had tried to get through to me.

But no one had messaged me which I felt relieved for.

I look between the two boys.

"Are you guys busy? Do you want to join maybe?"

Both the boys seems speechless as to what they should say.

"Ivan, you go. I'll set our rooms up." Emilio says.

"You sure, bro?" Ivan asks.

"Yeah, you two seem like you need some time alone anyways."

I look up at Ivan, searching his eyes.

I wondered what Emilio meant by that. Did Ivan tell Emilio about our kiss before I left?

"Uh, yeah, yeah, okay." Ivan stammers.

"Great. I'll see you soon then." I tell Emilio before leaving the hotel with Ivan.