Chapter 4

It was just after lunch and Brooklyn was still asleep on the couch. Her family sat around her, making sure there was someone present with her all the time. The incident last night had left a mark on them and it was not likely to go away soon. Shaun had taken the youngest two out to the park so Brooklyn could get some rest. The two of them had been glued to her, chatting and getting her to do activities with them. Mindy had noticed her eldest daughter getting tired and had suggested the park for the two youngins. Though it had not been easy to make them go. It was Shaun who had finally managed to convince them with the promise of ice cream on their way home. The other three girls had made excuses and went to their room. Only when they were sure that she was asleep did they come. They sat around her, silently doing their own work but keeping an eye.

Brooklyn woke up feeling disorientated. She rubbed the sleep away from her eyes. She smiled when she saw the entire family was napping on the couch around her. It was almost four in the afternoon. She frowned. How did she manage to sleep for so long?
She was just about to get up from the couch when Bailey said, "Sit back down and relax. Do not attempt to get up."
Brooklyn looked at her twin and saw that her eyes were still closed."How did you know?"
"I am your twin," Bailey pointed out. She stretched and sat up, finally looking at her other half. "Kamri and I are on dinner duty. So you can relax." She got up from where she had napping and came to sit beside her. Wrapping her in a hug, she said, "You scared me today. A lot. I didn't know what to do. For a moment, I thought I would loose you." She released her from the hug. "I love you."
"I love you, too."

Later that night, Brooklyn woke up to get a drink. It was then she had realised that there was a third person in the room. She smiled seeing Kamri snuggled in her duvet, her book left open. She must have fallen asleep while reading, Brooklyn thought to herself.
"You want something?" She heard Bailey ask.
"I was just getting water," Brooklyn replied."And I found her sleeping here."
"She fell asleep?" Bailey asked. " She was worried that you might have a relapse."
"Oh, Kamri," Brooklyn sighed. "I have an idea. After drinking her water, the two older girls got their duvet and laid down on either side of their younger sister.
Brooklyn stayed awake well after Bailey had fallen asleep. She had surely managed to scare her entire family. It felt weird seeing her family walking on shells around around her.

Mindy learned against the door of the twins room, watching her three daughters sleep. The three of them were snuggled against each other. She smiled. They looked so adorable together. She clicked a picture, sure that one day it will come in handy. Plus, she loved to make such beautiful memories.
It was then she saw Brooklyn stirring.
"Good morning, mum," she said rubbing the sleep away from her eyes.
"Good morning, Brooks," her mum replied. "Did you have a good sleep?"
"Yeah," she replied and then looked at her sleeping sisters before turning to her mother, "I am fine, mum. Please stop worrying."
"It's a mothers duty to worry about her kids," Mindy replied.
"Okay, you win." Brooklyn sighed.
Getting out of her blanket, stretched. Without waking the other two sleeping sisters, she made her way out of the room."I can help you make breakfast."
"A chance I wouldn't want to miss."

It was almost 8 when the rest of the family met the mother and daughter in the kitchen. Shaun loving placed a kissed on his wife's cheek before he kissed his daughter. He was pleased to see that Brooklyn was getting her energy back. The last few days had been filled with tension, each worried about Brooklyn's health in their own way.
"So what are we doing today?"Shaun asked, looking at his wife.
"Just a nice sunny day at home, in the pool," Mindy suggested.
"Sounds good,9" Brooklyn said.
"Aren't you supposed to be resting or something?" Kamri pointed out.
"I am fine, Kamri," Brooklyn said walking over to her. She placed her hand on her shoulder. "Besides if anything happens I have the lot of you behind me. And if you don't believe me than I can do this." She poured the jug of water on her head. Before Kamri could recover, she placed the jug on the counter and ran. Kamri followed suit. The rest of the family watched the two sisters and laughed.
Mindy smiled to herself. They were all going to be okay.