Chapter Two

"Come on, boy." Katsuki called as he walked toward the door. Eijirou had left maybe five minutes ago, so Katsuki could process the thought of his childhood rival finally arriving. He was pretty late. "As much as I wanna leave you up here, where Deku won't see you, I fucking can't." Katsuki grumbled. He effortlessly clipped on Ryuu's leash. The minute he stood up, Ryuu was standing at attention by his feet, ready for duty. Ryuu knew the leash meant work time and no leash meant relax time. Even though relax time wasn't truly time to relax since Katsuki could have an attack at any moment of the day.

The pair walked down the hall to rejoin the party center. Ryuu walked patiently by Katsuki's leg the entire time, chocolate brown eyes looking up at him occasionally. The dog sensed his owner's nerves, so he was on high alert. Katsuki rounded the corner right as someone else did, crashing into them and falling to the ground. Ryuu barked at his owner, who was groaning after hitting the ground extremely hard.

"Oh, Kacchan! I'm so sorry, Kacchan!" There it was. That annoying ass voice Katsuki hated so goddamn much. Ryuu nudged Katsuki to get up. Katsuki put a reassuring hand on his dog's back as he sat up.

"Fuck off, Deku." Katsuki snarled. He met Izuku Midoriya's bright, emerald green eyes. Katsuki noticed that he'd made the box of gifts Izuku's was carrying spill out onto the floor. He was suddenly torn between helping him pick it up and just walking away.

Their relationship had gotten better over the years. Katsuki didn't despise his existence anymore. He actually seen the idiot as a really distant friend compared to the pure hatred he felt around six years ago. That didn't mean he'd ever tell him that he was an omega.

Izuku had beefed up quite a bit during high school. He didn't necessarily have Katsuki's huge biceps and chest, but he did have some muscles. His shoulders were broad, he'd grown to be taller than Katsuki, and he had some thick thighs that left Katsuki wondering about the size of what sat between them.

"My mom told me about your dog, but I didn't think they'd be this cute!" Izuku pointed out. "I figured you get a pomeranian or something!"

Katsuki slowly started to grab some of the gift bags. Upon noticing this, Izuku was quick to help. "Pomeranians don't like new people very much, and they're loud. If I'm gonna be a fucking hero, I can't have my dog scaring kids away while I'm on patrol." Katsuki said as they placed the bags back in the box. Ryuu had noticed that his leash was on the floor, so he picked it up and nudged Katsuki with it. "In a minute, Ry." Katsuki whispered. They finished putting the bags back then Katsuki took the leash back from his dog. "Thanks." He said as he stood up. Ryuu was instantly back in working position.

"Thanks for helping me, Kacchan! And I'm sorry for running into you!" Izuku exclaimed with a smile. Katsuki rolled his eyes then started heading towards where all of their old classmates were.

"Whatever, nerd." He mumbled. He walked into the main room, where literally everyone was hanging out, and getting ready for the party. "Alright, extras!" He called. "I'm letting you fuckers get this out of the way now." He leaned down and unclipped Ryuu's leash from his collar. "Sick 'em!" Ryuu grinned then charged forward. He jumped onto the couches and got in people's faces. The girls squealed, each of them jumping at the chance to pet him. Many of the guys, mostly Kouda, followed as well.

It took Katsuki three weeks to teach Ryuu that trick, and he really wasn't complaining about the results.

~~~

The party had officially begun. Ryuu was back on his leash and at Katsuki's feet, sitting in front of the blonde, who was seated on the couch. Katsuki affectionately ran his hands through Ryuu's clean coat of fur.