Spideys Secret

This Oneshot will be the baseline for a lot of one-shots. 

TONYS POV

- 5:12 am the next morning -

Saying Tony was displeased with being dragged out of bed early in the morning, would've possibly been one of the biggest understatements of the year. Not to mention, when he found out it was by the pirate himself, he was livid.

What could have possibly been more important than the simple 2 hours of sleep he wished to be granted? It wasn't like he was sleep-deprived at all. No. He was beyond that point. It had gotten so bad that Pepper practically had to drag him to bed with a string of threats if he didn't sleep when she found out he was hallucinating; which FYI - was the symptoms of four days of sleep deprivation, he was getting sloppy. He'd usually last at least 6 days with a small 20-minute nap somewhere when he somehow dozed off in the lab.

Begrudgingly, he awoke, got his coffee and managed to join the rest of the avengers a measly 37 minutes late. That had to be a new record... when did he get so punctual?

Groaning, everyone rolled their eyes at his timing, except satan himself, eye-patch, who though didn't mention it, was deeply infuriated with Stark. Alas, as usual, Tony sat down in his leather, regal seat and quipped up a comment exasperated at having to be in Fury's presence. Clint, only barely, managed to stifle a laugh at it but coughed it off towards the end as to halt any possible suspicion. Fury ignored the scene at hand and immediately began barking orders.

What did spiderman do to be classed as such a threat?

"Spidermans helped us out countless of time on missions before, why are we suddenly trying to capture him?" Tony himself asked, bemused and flummoxed at the situation at hand. The Pirate had to be kidding... Had he had some sort of hit to the head? Did he have brain damage and not remember the times that Spiderman swung in to help?

"Precisely why he needs to be caught! S.H.I.E.L.D has no knowledge on him. Nothing. His identity needs to be brought to light." Fury was quick to bounce back at Iron Man's comment, disregarding the question more or less.

"You're telling me 'The S.H.I.E.L.D' had NO information on the spider?" Clint jested, stupified by the irony of it all. Tony knew S.H.I.E.L.D dislikes not having all the facts, but this, this was insane. Spiderman was genuinely a good guy. From what the group had guessed he was around 20-25 and was rather wise for his age. They all came to him for advice, when they simply didn't want their team knowing something. He was the one they ranted to all night, following him in his endeavors to keep Queens safe... He had been the one to help Tony on his ruff nights when all he wanted was to grab that bottle of alcohol he knew pepper had hidden somewhere. It'd have been as easy as overriding Pepper's control on Friday with his own and ordering her to tell him.

Tony even knew that Spiderman had helped Natasha out when one of her old nightmares resurfaced. She hadn't wanted anyone to know so she's gone to Spiderman off all people. They ended up talking endlessly for hours on end till morning when Nat finally came back. Tony had only known by Friday warning him off Nat's increased heart rate in her sleep, to which then he went to wake her but she was long gone before he could reach her room. He had spotted her heading to Queens and asked Friday to make sure she was okay.

"Why can't he just keep his identity a secret?" The red-head demanded an answer. Even Fury could tell her dislike of the situation, probably for the same reason Tony had just been thinking about.

"Because we don't know when he'll turn rogue. At least then, if we did, we could find something or someone to blackmail him with."

One thing stuck out in Tony's mind. Whilst they had shared endless secrets about their problems, Spiderman had never even once delved into his own. He always steered the conversation in a kind way straight back to everyone. He never really revealed much. All they knew was he'd had to have seen a lot. The way he spoke was so much like a non-judgmental friend simply there to help them get along.

The look on Bruce's face summed up everyone's feelings on the mission at hand. He looked genuinely perturbed. Like he was at a loss of what to do. Spiderman had once helped Hulk calm down, it had minored the injuries the team had received when Hulk had a freak episode and didn't know who side he was fighting on. Usually, Nat would calm him, but she'd been rendered useless when she passed out, the action itself causing Hulk to spiral and start attacking anyone in sight. If it hadn't had been for Spiderman then they probably wouldn't have escaped with only some scratches and bruises, though, in the end, Spiderman had ended up with a broken rib by the time Bruce was back. Bruce was so horrified that he insisted the Spider come to the tower to get checked up, but of course, Spiderman insisted he was fine and left before we could argue otherwise.

"No" Tony simply stated. Everyone turned stunned at his sudden interest in the conversation. Normally, he'd sit back and ignore most of it, hoping to pretend he didn't have to move afterward.

"Excuse me?" Fury glare was fierce, his voice not wavering as he slightly cocked his head to Stark. Tony knew what he'd just done. Purposely gone against orders and rebelled against them but this was the guy that, though they knew nothing about, they'd entrusted some of their darkest sins to.

"I don't agree with this either," Steve said, face emotionless. Steve didn't like bullies and this whole situation seemed a lot like bullying Spiderman into revealing his identity.

"You have two choices. Either you go after him, recruit him and find out his identity or I send my own team of spies and assassins to retrieve Spiderman and his identity themselves."

Tony was angry. He'd been forced into a corner. Tony Stark hated being forced into a decision, he thrived on having the authority to make his own. Spiderman was a nice guy. He'd been helping out Queens and the Avengers for a whole year now. There'd even been the whole accident when Tony decided not to listen to him and ended up nearly losing his stuff to people with alien technological weapons. Had it not been for Spiderman who knew what the team would have done. Some of his suits and Avenger weapons were being sent to Wakanda for reviewing and possibly improvement.

The last thing Tony Stark wanted was to have to fight the Spider... but if it was needed... and his only option... it was what he had to do.

"Fine, we'll do it." Tony's voice was bitter and curt, full of venom at Fury. The team shared an identical glare, unimpressed with his choice of actions as they walked out of the meeting.

....

*****

Hey, hope you enjoyed it, a lot of my one-shots will be referencing this one.

Feel free to leave suggestions and I'll try to get to them asap.

:)