He was letting a team of DUM-series droids get near the ship?

I suppose that IG-unit had changed him a little more than I thought it had.

"Well, look at you!" Peli calls out, her eyes locking onto mine. I smile and nod my head, waving one of my hands in a weak salute. 

"Long time no see," I say, smiling wide at the woman. I walk down the ramp and the older woman instantly pulled me into a tight hug, an unexpected smile spreading over her face. It was a little unexpected coming from her, but I suppose I didn't mind it too much. 

"You look good," she says, pulling back while gently squeezing my shoulders. She perks her brows up and lets out a little high-pitched him. "Feels like you got a little more muscular too. What have you been up to in your free time? Tossin' Wookies or something?"

"Well, nothing as exciting as that, to say the least," I say, shaking my head while shrugging my shoulders. I then step out of the way so she could say 'hi' to the kid and Mando, who happened to be walking up to where we were standing. Mando shifts the bag slung around his shoulder to his front to reveal the kid smiling with his arms up in the air. 

"Ah! Thank the force!" Peli calls out, holding her hands out to the child while her smile grew some more. I let out a small laugh and nod my head, crossing my arms as I watch her lift him in the air before cradling him in her arms. "This little thing has had me worried sick! Well, not too much saying Mae has surely been around helping you take care of him," she continues, obviously unaware of the situation Mando and I had been in for the past two years.

My breath hitches in my throat, but I keep my smile on my face, not showing any signs of her being wrong. 

"How much do you want for it? Just kidding- but not really," she says, her bright smile dropping into a serious line. My eyes widen and I smile a little more, obviously amused by her fondness of the child.  

A loud pop suddenly echoes throughout the hangar and I instantly whip around to see one of the droids struggling with one of the vent tubes that had disconnected from one of the ship's inner panels. I smile and shake my head as the older mechanic started to yell at them. 

"I think I'm gonna help them out for a minute," I say, nodding my head while walking over to the team. 

The opening of the vent tube had somehow gotten itself stuck on the droid's face and I grimace a bit, speeding my pace up. I kneel in front of him and gently peel away the end of the wide tube from his mechanical face, letting him take a few steps away from the flailing piece. 

"You alright, bud?" I ask, a small smile growing on my face again as he rubbed his small mechanical hands across his metal face. I keep a tight hold on the tubing, making sure that it didn't go anywhere while holding my hand out to the droid in front of me. "Could I borrow a ratchet and three-fourths socket? I can fix this part on my own so you don't have to deal with it. It can be a little tricky, even for me."

The droid quickly pulls the ratchet and socket from his toolbox, passing it over to me. I gratefully take it from him, connecting both parts and giving it a satisfying turn. The cranking sound that whirrs from the tool make a small smile tug over my lips, letting me know that I was in my true element. 

If I could just settle down and repair ships all day, I wouldn't call it a bad life. 

I move the open panel out of the way and lean in through the opening, easily cranking each nut back into its proper place. The air flowing through the vent quickly stabilizes and I hear the continuous hum of airflow falls close to silent. I smile and look over to the droid, placing the ratchet back into his small hand.