6 - secret obsessions

En başından başla

"You did ask." She smirked, glancing at him to see his eyes roll. "But uh, nightmares," she mumbled looking down. Klaus grabbed a blood bag as well, moving to sit on the couch. He gestured for her to sit beside him.

"Human or Vampire?" He asked once she was propped next to him on the couch. 

"What?"

"Your nightmare, was it from when you were human." Klaus elaborated.

"Umm, human. But I don't really want to talk about it." She took another sip from her blood bag. "I never really said it, but I'm sorry your hybrids didn't work. I know it meant a lot." She said looking him in the eye. She truly was sorry, even if she knew exactly why they were failing.

"It's not your fault, love," he whispered.

"Not to seem defiant or anything, but why do you want me here? I'm pretty odd company to keep." She questioned.

Klaus frowned at the sadness in her voice. That was something he could fix. All he had to do was try.

And here lays the problem. She didn't want him to try. Every time people got close to her they suffered. Rebekah. Father. She saw that not getting attached was actually protecting people and she wanted to protect Niklaus.

But immortal hybrids don't need protection.

"I find your company quite comforting, actually." He smiled, and Nora couldn't help but smile back. "So much so that I bought you-" He sped back to his bedroom and returned with a box in his hands, holding it out to her. "These."

Peanut butter cookies.

Her eyes widened and she instantly sped over to him. She grabbed the box glancing up at him, he nodded in encouragement. "Thank you!" She gasped as she excitedly opened the box to see six large cookies. She took a bite of one and practically moaned at the taste.

Meanwhile, Klaus was swooning at her smile. He had never seen her this happy before and he found himself wanting her to be this happy forever. He also found himself wanting to kiss her, but he wasn't sure how she felt about him. Yet.

"If I had known this was all it took to see you smile I would've done it a while ago." He laughed, sitting back down on the couch.

"Yes. Yes, you should have." She mumbled with a mouth still full of cookies. She sat the box down on the coffee table and jumped on top of him, squeezing him in a hug. He was definitely caught off guard but returned the hug nonetheless.

"You may have dragged me here, but I think the cookies make up for it." She said as she pulled back from the hug. Klaus noticed she had some crumbs on her face and wiped them away with the back of his hand.

Still seated on his lap, she leaned back and grabbed the box of cookies. Klaus reached for a one as well but she smacked his hand away, "I know you bought them and all but they're mine." She playfully glared at him, taking a bite of another cookie. 

| Reputation |

After a long drive—which Nora had slept through because of not sleeping the previous night— the trio had ended up in Chicago. Apparently, Klaus knew a witch that was actually willing to help him.