Hero Complex (1)

[System booting up...]

Well, this was unexpected.

Qixi stared and laughed, displeased. [There's no way, right?]

Her voice came out monotonous, robotic almost.

Qixi clutched her throat, only to realize she didn't have hands. Heck, she didn't even have a body anymore!

A screen didn't really have anatomy after all- Wait. A screen? Information flooded into her head- no, body? Display? Interface.

[Villain to Protagonist System Statistics: Having served 0 Hosts as of system conception.

Altruism Points: 0.

Contractable Hosts Remaining: 1.

Hosts: None.

Humanization function is locked.

Warning! Systems with no active Hosts within a certain period of creation will be Archived.]

Wonderful. What a great beginning. Which motherf**ker did this to me? Ah, I want to beat them already! I can't even be human again? What a scam! I didn't even ask for this!

But system transmigration, huh? When you transmigrate, aren't you supposed to become a pathetic supporting female lead, or a trampled-on cannon fodder, or even the evil villainess or mother-in-law or something?! What kind of bullsh*t is this to transmigrate into a literal system? Ah, my blood pressure is rising; and I don't even have blood anymore!

First things first, I want to be a person again. No matter what it takes.

[There is no choice but to go along with this farce for now. How do I even contract a Host?]

Thankfully, systems were equipped with search engines; otherwise, Qixi simply wouldn't have known what to do!

[So I need to initiate a world transfer first, huh?]

[Initializing transfer....]

The blinking light vanished without a trace. The room was once again plunged into darkness.

***

A forest spread out before Qixi's eyes. Her first thought?

[No, no, no, no, no! What the hell is this? Aren't systems just supposed to pop up next to their hosts and contract them? I have to select a host myself? Whoever made me a system simply wants to die ah!]

After fuming a bit, Qixi turned her attention to her form. A round little body, stubby arms and legs, what seemed to be... horns? And a pair of tiny but functional wings. She was the definition of a little demon mascot character.

Just f**king perfect. A little demon mascot your head! I give up! I give up! I'm suing whoever did this to me!

Qixi got the hang of flying relatively quickly. The question was, where should she fly to?

Luckily, the system had a terrain tracker, or else she would have been lost for the rest of her stay in this world.

It seemed that there was a village relatively close to her location. If she could just get in contact with one of the people there....