2.1

double update woot woot

~~~

Waking up to several pokes in the cheek isn't exact fun.

I only closed my eyes tighter, cuddling my head farther into the warm skin of the arm that was beneath me, not questioning it's presence.

"Pssssst." The finger poked me once more, this time directly atop my eyelid. "Wakey wakey."

I managed to convince myself that the time for sleep was over, hesitantly opening an eye only to be greeted with the messy man whose chest I was cuddled into. His eyes were thinner, probably from his stirred sleep schedule, and his hair was quite the mess. Though it was usually that way, you could usually tell it was still kept up. A sort of intentional mess, if you will. But this was something new, something so spontaneous that it must've been a result of the static from the fabric in the couch on which we laid. Every strand of his golden color seemed to be astray, far from its usual place and style.

"Look who finally decided to wake up." said Hawks, his voice laced with grog and rasped with sleep.

I only hummed in response, content with the soothing touch of his hand rubbing up and down the skin at my side where my shirt rid up. The barely hearable therapeutic  whistle that came with his deep breaths only made me close my eyes once again, craving more sleep.

I heard the blond heave a light sigh before saying, "I know you're busy being cute and cuddly and all, but my arm is almost numb and I kind of don't want it to fall off so..."

Though I knew he was being overdramatic, I obliged to his request, rolling off of the extent of his arm, onto my other side, and onto the bare fabric of the sofa. The blond groaned, and I listened to him stretch out the arm I'd previously been suffocating, only for him to scoot in closer to my back and start placing affectionate kisses around the parameter of my neck.

"You're hot when you're sleepy, you know that?" he told me, which made me smile and wake up just a bit more.

"And you," I started to respond. "are a nightmare when you're drunk." Though, that wasn't entirely true. He was actually quite pleasant. Incredibly transparent, yes, but pleasant.

"Don't be mad at meeee~" the boy pleaded in a babied tone. "I was drunk and sad and wanted to see you."

 I felt his lips form a frown against my nape, and I turned to face Hawks once more, now intrigued by his sobriety.

"Why were you sad?"

He pursed his lips, looking at the ceiling to try to form an excuse, before giving up entirely shortly after. "Eh. Story for another day."

I smiled at him, respecting his boundary and not pressing anymore. He saw my acceptance, and rewarded me with a swift kiss on the lips just before he quickly sat up, hid extra steps to be careful to not let his wings hit me warmed my heart, and he only began stretching the seas of crimson once fully off the couch. I followed suit, rising from my spot and watching as his wings reached their full span, crinkling as they reached the peak of their stretch.

"You're leaving?" I questioned, not sure why he'd gotten up so suddenly.

He looked over his shoulder to face me. "No, what?"

"Then why'd you get up..." my tone turned sad.

He smirked, as he always does, before fully turning and kneeling in front of the couch before me. "Because," A gentle finger found its way under my chin. "you are far too tempting, and I am far too much  of a horny bastard." My eyes widened, and my face, as well as another body part, heated at his words. He was always so blunt and lewd whenever I was least expecting it.

His hand left me as he stretched to his full height once again, and I stared at the floor while desperately looking for an excuse to be close to him again. 

"Could we just... watch a movie and cuddle?" I asked, though I knew he'd say no.

He didn't even hesitate, "Of course we can!" I looked up at him, the familiar joy behind his eyes beaming at me. "Hold on- where do you keep your blankets?? And your popcorn? Do you have soda?" The blond began to haphazardly wander around the apartment, opening every closet door he could find. 

I sprung up from the couch, realizing I'd have to monitor him closely so that he didn't stumble across any of my... personal belongings.

~~~

this is short oops

the next chapter (with smut!) is written, but it hasnt been proofread yet and im far too tired. ill post it as soon as i wake up tho :)