Chapter Seventeen: Complications

Chapter Seventeen

Brooke’s POV

It was the day. 12/12/12. I had to go back home. It was a bittersweet day.

       I was going to miss California; it had started to grow on me. But on the greener side Niall was coming back with me to New York.

My alarm clock beeped me awake and I dragged myself out of bed. I rounded up all of my clothes and began putting them back into my suitcases, but I couldn’t focus.

       I kept thinking about New York and what was ahead of me. What was going to happen between Harry and me when I left? Why did I even care? The more important question was what was going to happen to Niall and me when their tour left to go to a different location? Would he just leave me? Would I go? I had so many thoughts on my mind the best thing to do was go on a walk.

I stopped packing and grabbed my tennis shoes. It was that kind of weather where you just wanted to go outside and stay there forever; it was clear and cool.

              I had no clue where I was going or why, but somehow I ended up at the first place Harry and I had our first date: the little beach restaurant.

       I walked over to one of the benches outside of the restaurant and sat down. I looked over at the shop and felt the memories rushing back to me. Harry’s cheesy pick-up lines, the rain, his jacket, him picking me up, and him telling me that he loved me… I felt tears coming, I started shaking, and then they fell down my face.

I watched the tiny drops fall onto my leg and rubbed them away with my thumb just like Harry used to do.

       I began questioning my decision to end things with Harry. Am I really in love with Niall or am I just saying that so I can forget about Harry?

              I needed to get all of my feelings sorted out and this was obviously not the place to do it with all of the memories here. The only way I could decide is by facing my number one fear and getting down to the point. I had to talk to Harry, it was time and I was ready.

I got off of the bench, wiped my face, and began walking again.

       I arrived at the boys’ apartment and pushed the call-in button again. The gate creaked open and I walked to the door. My finger was hovering over the button deciding on whether to push it or not. But as I was waiting I could hear shouts coming from inside the apartment.

                            ***

Niall’s POV

It was time to tell Harry and the boys about my plan to go with Brooke to New York. I walked towards Harry and tapped him on the shoulder. He turned around with a glare on his face,

       “What?”

“Well Harry I just wanted to let you know that…”