Chapter Twenty Three: Secrets

Chapter Twenty-Three

Niall’s POV

Everything was mass chaos.

       No one had seen or heard from Harry in over a week. We had a big party on New Years with very important people up in the business and if Harry wasn’t back in time for that our careers weren’t going to turn out great.

But none of us cared about that right now; all that mattered was finding Harry and making sure he was ok.

Brooke’s POV

I should tell them. But that might make things worse between Niall and me.

Niall’s POV

We tried several times tracking Harry’s cell, but it kept saying location services were disabled. That didn’t make any of  us feel better. We had been trying to do everything possible for the past week and we hadn’t gotten any closer.

The New Year’s party was in 2 days. I don’t know what we were going to do.

 Right now I was back at our flat in the middle of Time’s Square watching everyone outside. They were all milling around… clueless that Harry Styles had mysteriously disappeared. All of their lives seemed much simpler than mine at the moment.

I turned back around and everyone was running through the living room like crazy. I was just sitting here not really helping the situation, so I decided I would go fill Brooke in on the progress.

Brooke’s POV

I was sitting on the couch doing some of my homework that I put off for the break when the doorbell rang. I stood on my tiptoes and peered through the peephole.

       It was Niall. What was he doing here? Wasn’t he supposed to be looking for Harry?

I pulled open the door and let him in. He gave me a quick hug then started talking,

              “So I came here to fill you in. Nothing has really changed since last time, but we tried calling his phone a few times and one time it rang longer like he turned his phone on. But he never picked it up. The worst part about all of this is that we have this meeting with some business partners in 2 days and they refuse to meet with us unless every band member is there. And I just-.”

He was beginning to babble on so I kissed him to cut him off.

       I looked up at him and said,

       “Well I have an idea to get your minds off of things.”

He smirked at me,

              “Oh do you?”

I nodded,

       “Yep. Want to help clean my room?”

He laughed at me,

“Not exactly what I had in mind, but sure.”

Niall’s POV

After we had finally finished cleaning Brooke’s room, which was surprisingly messy, she dropped me back off at the flat and I had to go back to looking for Harry.

       I didn’t really feel up to calling anymore or driving though town with the boys, so I went to my and Harry’s room.

I sat on the bed just staring in front of me at my bookshelf. I must have been looking at it for a while because something about it looked different. I thought I saw something sticking out of one of the books.

It wasn’t one of my books; it was Harry’s. It was his favourite one that he used to read all the time before he went to bed. He said, “It cleared his mind and made him sleep better” or whatever.

       I pulled the torn paper out of the book and read it. It was Harry’s messy handwriting. It looked like lyrics to a song. But it was too hard to read because he scratched it out.

The way you look at him| you’ve never looked at me| Like there’s something worth remembering| Something we never had| My heart’s been broken| By the lie I told| To protect you from harm| But I hope that you see| That you’re the only one for me| The only one for me| Yeah you’re the reason I smile| The only thing worth while| I know I made mistakes| But please love me anyway| Let’s start all over| Because you’re the only one for me

Whoever finds this just know that I’m ok and not to worry about me. I just need some alone time so I’m leaving. I don’t know when I’ll be coming back but there’s one thing I need to say. Whoever has this note just tell Brooke that I love her and I hope that she’s happy with Niall.

       -H.S.

I dropped the piece of paper on the ground.

Brooke’s POV

I think I need to tell Niall. I can’t hide it from him any more. I just don’t want to ruin things.