Xie Xi murmured a confirmation. He looked at Chu Yu’s fair-skinned ear and felt extremely wronged and indignant when he recalled how he had been kicked off the bed last night. He wanted to bite down on it, but couldn’t since it was currently broad daylight and there was a group of people behind them sneaking glances. It wouldn’t do to be excessively intimate while in full view. He sighed and discarded those beautiful thoughts. He then proceeded to say: “Song Jingyi should come from a small clan of cultivators. Shixiong should be aware of this. However, when Shizun went to find that small clan’s campsite he found that all traces of that small clan had already been erased.”

Normally speaking, when the Sect Master of a big sect takes a fancy to the son of a small clan family’s first wife and even personally bestows his surname onto that son, then takes him away, and accepts him as his personal disciple, the aforementioned small clan should be proud and elated. They should have been borrowing Tian Yuan Sect’s name and power to crawl up the ranks. They should have been able to gain a bit of fame rather than it appearing as if they had never existed in the first place. Apparently, there wasn’t even the slightest trace of them.

Unexpectedly, even Lu Qingan hadn’t been able to find the thread of a spider or the trail of a horse. Could it be that there were simply no clues?

Chu Yu was flabbergasted: Was this another hidden plotline?

“Shizun inadvertently found this out. Although it’s unclear what the actual truth is, there’s one thing that’s certain and that’s that there’s a problem with Song Jingyi’s background. Until he manages to solve this problem, Shizun doesn’t plan to kill him.” After a pause, Xie Xi gave a deep smile, “However, Shizun has said that so long as we don’t kill him, anything is fine regardless of what we do. He has dared to take advantage of Yuan Chen Peak so many times in the past, does he actually think that we’re that easy to play around with?”

Chu Yu silently looked at Xie Xi whose smile was filled with a dense killing intent. The corner of his mouth twitched: “Shidi, let’s not smile alright?”

Too, too, too scary. Even though he knew that he was not the target of this dense killing intent, in the original story when the protagonist was hacking the original to pieces, based on the descriptions, he pretty much was wearing this expression……

This kind of indescribable feeling of deja-vu was far too frightening.

Xie Xi was panic-stricken for a moment and then hastily stopped making that cold and unfeeling expression. His expression showed he was at a loss what to do as he said: “Shixiong, I, I was only……”

Ah, this kind of stupid and helpless expression is much cuter.

Chu Yu ruefully gave a sorrowful sigh, rubbed Xie Xi’s head and beamed as he nodded: “I know, I know everything.”

Xie Xi was originally somewhat anxious and fearful but after being petted like this for a while, in the blink of an eye, the frantic emotions in his heart gradually dispersed. He let out a long breath, his expression as he gazed at Chu Yu carried great depths within it.

Shixiong was the best. As expected, only he alone could have him.

***

The patrol ended late in the evening. Chu Yu had managed to sneakily discuss matters with Xie Xi for an entire afternoon. Having now decided on how to take care of Song Jingyi, he felt much more relaxed. He returned to the small courtyard with Lu Qingan and was just in time to see Third Shidi who happened to be standing in front of a stone table drawing talismans.