After wandering around the Jiao Xia camp in the dark, he wasn’t able to find anything particularly conspicuous. Chu Yu thought about it for a moment and then changed direction, heading towards Qing Tu’s main discussion hall located in the center of the city.

The distant streets were a field of black where nothing could be seen clearly. It was as if there was a malicious spirit or evil god coiling around hidden somewhere, quietly lying in wait for some young person to be delivered to their door. Chu Yu slowly walked towards them, with the uneasiness in his heart getting stronger and stronger. His hand subconsciously gripping Xun Sheng’s hilt. He pursed his lips and adopted a cautious attitude.

All the surroundings were quiet except for gusts of wind from the west that made whimpering noises that sounded like sobbing. Chu Yu felt his hair stand up on their ends and involuntarily pulled Xun Sheng out by three inches. He had yet to enter the region shrouded by shadows when someone suddenly lightly patted his shoulder.

A feeling of numbness crawled up from the soles of his feet to the top of his head as Chu Yu narrowly avoided jumping up in fright. Once he got over his momentary fear, he swallowed the cry of alarm that he had almost given. He flipped his hand and pulled out his sword to press it against that person’s neck before turning around.

The person behind him had a face like frost and snow, his eyes still. He was as calm as a mountain as he silently looked at him.

……

Chu Yu gave a dry cough and withdrew his sword: “……Shizun, why are you here?”

He still had yet to make a noise as he stood behind him. It was fortunate that his mental fortitude had been forced to slowly strengthen since he had transmigrated into the book. Otherwise, this kind of scare would’ve definitely caused his legs to go soft.

Lu Qingan concisely said: “Little Three hasn’t returned yet.”

Third Shidi was missing?

Chu Yu subconsciously said: “Didn’t Third Shidi go patrolling with Second Shidi…”

He only got out half of what he had wanted to say before the rest died under Lu Qingan’s silent gaze and his own memories. Xie Xi had snuck back to peep on him, leaving Third Shidi by himself… moreover, based on Lu Qingan’s appearance, he had also realized that Xie Xi had come looking for him.

There was an eighty percent chance that Xie Xi had already gone out to look for third Shidi.

Although for most of the year Third Shidi was in a state where his IQ was offline, he could still be considered as sharp and clever. In addition, Lu Qingan had left a magical item on his person so if there really was an accident, Lu Qingan likely wouldn’t be talking to him in such a relaxed manner.

Then the question was, what the heck was Lu Qingan still lingering around in this vicinity for?

As if he had heard Chu Yu’s thoughts, Lu Qingan said: “I heard that a demonic cultivator had infiltrated tonight’s discussion meeting and injured two people before fleeing from the main hall. One of the injured was Song Shixiong.”

So now you have to chase and kill that demonic cultivator.

Chu Yu nodded his head and was just about to say something else when a thought flashed across his mind, making him shiver: “……Injured two people? Aside from Sect Master Martial Uncle, who else was hurt there?”