Chapter 1

So this is my first story in english. Please forgive my spelling and grammar mistakes, i'll try to improve them so feel free to tell me about them.

Please comment, because your opinion is important to me.

Kisses :*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1

My first day at college and I feel like hell. I don't know anyone in here. Hell I don't even know where I should go for the next class. I hate being all alone and new in a big town. Of course I'm not the only one in this condition but still... I feel pretty awkward.

It was like millions of butterflies were in my stomach. I was afraid because I didn't knew how my new colleagues would be, or how will the teachers treat us. Now that I was 20 and in a big city, I was on my own, and everyone started treating me like an adult, even though I didn't felt that way. Thus meaning the teachers thought the same, and we certainly won't receive the same preferential treatment as in high school. The good days were I could be lazy are gone. Here I have to fight to deserve my place at the university, and to have good grades.

Ugh, how I hate everything that is new. I'm too shy to be handling that many new faces in such a short time. I feel like I'm going to faint, and everything, everyone that looks at me makes me feel self-conscious.

I made my way to the entrance to talk to the door keeper, trying to avoid bumping into other students. I hate crowded places.

"Excuse me..." I said clearing my voice. "Could you tell me where I can find room 13?" The door keeper raised his head to look at me, and spoke with a bored voice.

"Second floor, the third door on the right." He finished returning to his newspaper.

"Thank you." I said though I knew he hadn't heard me.

With a sigh, I started towards the stairs, keeping my eyes down. I just wish that this day would pass easier. Suddenly I felt my head hit something hard.

"Hey, watch it!!" someone groaned.

"Oh... sorry. I didn't see you." I apologized looking up at the one I bumped into. When I met his eyes, I became motionless and my heart seizing. He had the most serene and beautiful eyes I have ever seen, although he looked annoyed at me.

"I figured that out." He said rolling his eyes and walked past me in a rush.

I remained still looking after him blushing. His look left me wordless He must be a student too, because even though he was tall, he didn't seem that old, and besides he was dressed sport, not in a way an university teacher should dress. Maybe I will see him some other time.

I started climbing again when a girl stopped me.

"Hi. I am Becky. Can I ask which class do you have? I have in room 13 and I'm kind of lost." she said smiling. She was a medium height girl, with curly black hair, and big brown eyes, and she also seemed as lost as me.

"Hi. I have in room 13 too. I'm heading there now. You can come. I'm sure between the two of us we can find it more easily. Oh and by the way, I'm Carol. Nice to meet you." I said smiling back.

It was nice to make some friends from the first day. I didn't feel so alone that way. Good thing mostly all students here felt in the first day like outsiders. It was normal, but we had to deal with it.

We found our way to the class more easily than I would've thought. I guess it wasn't that difficult to find your way around here. Mostly all stairs and passages led to the same place. The building was built like a circle.

When we got to the room, we noticed that it was already full with students. Only first year students were so eager to get to classes. I laughed to myself. We went to sit to the middle row, because there were more empty spaces.

"Hey girls. I'm Leon. I'm in English-Spanish group . How about you?" a dark haired boy turned to us as soon as we sat down.

"I'm in this group too. That is nice. I thought I was the only one around here. Oh and I am Becky and this is Carol." Becky said gesturing to me.

"Nice to meet you." I said blushing. I was so shy among boys. I hated myself for that. Why couldn't I be like Becky?

"So Carol... what group are you in?" Leon continued asking.

"Mmm,.. The same as you two. English -Spanish."

"Ok, It will be nice for us to be colleagues." He said winking and turned around as the teacher came in.

The entire two hour course passed pretty quickly, maybe because we were just curious about it. When the teacher dismissed us, we went to find our next room. And the entire day passed like this. Going from room to room, meeting new people, smiling, chatting... exactly the things I hated most.

By now I kind of knew all my colleagues, but this was only the first day, and surely some of them will appear in the other days. We were like ten people: two guys and eight girls. That was a good thing, because that way I wouldn't have to blush every minute. It was easy to step into the shade and let the other girls get the spotlight.

"Hey guys, what do you say if we go somewhere for a drink and get to know each other better. After all we're going to be colleagues from three years now on." Leon said, I had a feeling that he was trying to stand out as the leader of our group already. Not that I have something with it, but I kind of disliked people who felt superior or tended to brag. I always thought they were shallow.

Everyone agreed with Leon's idea, and I had to admit I didn't regret joining them. We had fun, and with this occasion I managed to remember a few other names of my colleagues. Camille, and Angela, and also Lory seemed nice enough. I guess this semester wasn't going to be as hard as I thought, after all. I didn't felt so lost now and probably in a few days I will totally forget my fears.

I said goodbye to them and headed towards my new home. More exactly the dorms of the university. I didn't like the idea of sharing a room with three other complete strangers, but I couldn't do anything about it. Maybe there are as nice as my colleagues.

When I entered my room, the other girls where already there unpacking.

"Hello." I said slightly embarrassed.

"Hi. You must be our room mate. I am Chloe, and this is Mandy, and Alice. I hope we will get along just fine." She said giving me a hug. I already liked her. I think there will be no problems, but I couldn't say the same about Alice who gave me an annoyed look. Figures. It was to good to be true. Something had to go wrong.

"Nice to meet all of you. I am Carol. Sorry I didn't stay to meet you early but I had to go to courses. But I'm here to unpack now. I hope my luggage didn't get in your way." I said smiling. When I first came in the morning I was in a rush to leave so I left my luggage in the middle of the room. Nice first impression I made.

"Don't worry, there's no problem. Do you need any help unpacking?" Mandy asked coming towards me.

"You know, students usually don't go from the first day at courses, but suits you. I'm going out. Don't expect me because I don't think I'm coming back tonight." Alice said waving and left the room.

"Ignore her... She acts like a bitch because she is older than us, but let her be... Now let's help you unpack." Chloe said coming and giving me a bear hug.

After I finished unpacking, I was totally wasted. I couldn't keep my eyes open at all, so as soon as we got into pajamas, we went to sleep, of course after a little chitchat. I fell asleep wondering how my next day will run. I hope everything will be as today, because I wasn't in the mood for problems. I just wanted to get along with everyone, and pass unnoticed. I'll leave all the fame to my so willingly friends, because I kind of felt I could call them my friends by now, even though I knew them only for a few hours.