Chapter 11, Encounter

September 15th, 2008

Aaron's POV

    "Hey Hotch, we're going to a bar about twenty minutes from here want to join?" I hear JJ, my coworker ask me.

    "Sure, just give me one second and we can all go together." I say, getting up. I don't often get dinner with the team, but I like to join as much as I can.

    You can't let this job strip you of your emotions. I sigh silently, as I think about the girl who said that to me. Cassie Mae. I haven't seen her in ten years. A lot has happened to me in those ten years. I joined the F.B.I., got promoted to Unit Chief of the Behavioral Analysis Unit, got married, and had a son.

    I didn't visit my parents nearly as often as I should've. With work keeping me busy, then wanting to have time with Jack and Haley, visiting them wasn't as important. However, they understood that and came and visited us.

    "Hey are you ready?" I hear JJ ask. I nod, snapping me out of my thoughts. I walk out of my office and we head for the elevator.

    The whole team was waiting just outside of the bullpen doors. "Look who actually decided to come." I hear Derek say. Derek is a real ladies man, all the girls drool over him. He's African American and great at his job. We recruited him from Chicago, where he used to work in the police department.

    "Well, it was a tough case. What other way is there to let off some steam?" I ask, and everyone smiles.

    My team has become a part of my family. There's no one I'd leave Jack, my son, with anyone other than them or Jessica. Jessica is Haley's sister.

JJ is the team's communications liaison. She's a blue-eyed blonde woman, she's married and has a son named Henry.

    Penelope Garcia, she's our technical analyst. She's a blonde haired woman, with a colorful taste in fashion. Not to mention the whole flirty thing her and Derek do. She's a straight wizard on the computers. The F.B.I recruited her after she hacked into their computer system. Which I find quite ironic.

    Emily Prentiss, I know her father. She's a brunette, with brown eyes. She was transferred here, and let me just say she's just as good at her job. Her and her father are two minds alike.

    David Rossi, the father of the B.A.U.. He was one of the original crew members of the unit. Truth be told, he was the Unit Chief. He retired, and wrote books about serial crimes. He was asked to come back, and he did. I worked with him my first years at the F.B.I. Dave, as I call him, is the eldest one of the group.

    Finally, there's Spencer Reid, the youngest member of the team. He has brown hair, and hazel eyes. He's a genius and has an eidetic memory. He can read 20,000 words a minute. He gives us insight on different textual and geographical things. As well as he never knows when to shut the hell up, but sometimes it's nice hearing him babble about different facts he's read.