ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ: ᴅɪғғᴇʀᴇɴᴄᴇs

—❤︎. .❤︎—

joshua was coming from one of his classes when he heard laughing and terrible words coming from some kids in the men's restroom

he knew it wasn't a good idea but he had to see what was going on now.

he pushed open the door and glanced around the room, furrowing his eyebrows when he saw everyone crowding one specific stall.

what the hell? he thought and watched three boys come out of the stall, causing people to point and laugh at one of the boys that were laying down against the ground.

he heard a few things one of those boys said and watched as they past by him after a moment, along with the other students.

he watched the crowd leave and then looked down at the boy who was laying on the ground, his eyes widening and his heart shattering.

"fuck! tyler?!"

he knew the boy probably couldn't hear him but he was scared. this boy was fragile and he knew it.

"oh god oh god oh god.." he panicked and rushed over to tyler, throwing his stuff down on the floor and scooped the angelic boy up.

he didn't turn back after that.

he ran and ran, not truly knowing where he was going. they didn't have a school nurse today. she was out and said she didn't feel well herself.

joshua just ran until he was out of the school.

he was running until he was out of breath and he needed to stop. he gently placed the angelic boy down on the grass and noticed that the smaller was awake, causing him to gasp. "oh my god! you're okay!" he says and cupped both of tylers cheeks.

the smaller boy placed his fragile hands on joshua's bigger and more rough one and let out the most heavenly giggle before whimpering and coughing in pain.

joshua noticed and frowned. "what's wrong?" he asked and tyler looked away. "it's nothin'" he says and joshua didn't believe him. "no, no.. something is most definitely wrong. please tell me." he says and tyler frowned more. "m-my head.." he mumbled and let go of joshuas hands and placed them on the side of his head, whimpering more.

"oh you poor thing.." joshua whispered and sighed before glancing around. he looked up at the the sky and noticed it turning a bit dark.

how fitting he thought.

he looked back down at a tyler and his heart shattered. he hated seeing the small boy like that. "hey.. it's okay, sweetheart. you're alright." he says as the angelic boy started to cry. he gently pulled the small thing close to his chest and leaned back against the tree as he gently started running his fingers through the boys hair. it seemed to calm him down so joshua continued.

"th-they were so mean, j-joshua.." the boy whimpered out and gripped the olders shirt tighter with his oh so small and dainty hands when he felt him move, making his heart hurt.

"what did they do, if you don't mind me asking, bub?" he asked and the small thing sniffled before moving slightly to get a bit more comfortable. "th-they shuh-shoved me and i fell to the ground and hurt my knees.." he said first before continuing. "they m-made fun of my ea-rs.. said i had pointy elf ears." he sniffled and tears continued to flow. "then they druh-dragged me to the bathroom and sh-shoved my face in the nasty toilet water." he choked on a sob and joshua noticed the area around them.

everything was starting to slowly die around them. everything. the flowers especially. the petals were falling off so quick and the leaves from the trees were leaving the branches so fast. it's almost like time had sped up.

"j-joshua..?" he heard the angelic boy call out and his heart swelled. "yes, love?" the small boy blushed at that. "i-um.. c-can we not go ba-back..? i don't wanna go." he whimpered and held joshuas shirt tighter, making his smaller knuckles turn white. he didn't want him to leave. he felt safe with him even though he shouldn't. joshua and him were completely different from each other and he didn't even know joshua that well..

one of them causes life, beauty, living things..

one causes death, destruction, and ugly things..

they were so different but at the same time, they were so much alike, as cliche as it is.

joshua was told that he wasn't meant to be here and he was brought by satan himself. as a child, he used to be able to touch an animal and they would fall and die on the ground painlessly. he learned that he could control that though. now, he found out that he can make other things like plants die on command and he could even make things fall with his mind. all he had to do was imagine it.

tyler on the other hand, he was an angel, so people say. they tell him that he was created by god himself but he definitely knows that's not true. people at school tell him he doesn't fit in and god made a mistake. he obviously believed them. for years, the boy has been trying to figure out his powers. he could make things come back to life, he could make plants grow, and he could do so many other things but he's not very aware of that.

if only these boys knew though.. if only they knew what each other was hiding..

if only..

—❤︎. .❤︎—