C H A P T E R T W E L V E

Start from the beginning

"And black." He nodded towards Johnny who was holding the black headbands up.

"The goal is to capture as many headbands as possible from the other side. Today the people across from you are not your friends. They're not your brothers. They are the enemy. The last team standing, wins." He told them making them look at the other team with narrowed eyes.

"How do we get the headbands?" Miguel asked.

"By any means possible. No rules." Kreese told him.

This made Johnny sigh. "Use your judgment. This is just a training exercise." He told them.

"Correct, but remember, this is your life. You lose it ... you die." Kreese told them, making both Maeve and Johnny roll their eyes.

Suddenly Chubs showed up, looking quite interesting. "Hey, guys! Sorry I'm late. Traffic on the 118 was a real bitch. Put Coyote Creek in the nav. Nothing showed up." He told them acting all cool.

Aisha and Maeve looked at each other giggling.

"What have you done to yourself?" Johnny asked him confused.

"Oh, the... Yeah, you know what, I just decided to flip, the script, Hawk-style. Respect." He told him, taking off his sunglasses and pointing towards Hawk.

Maeve turned towards Hawk and saw him grimacing at the older man.

"Therefore, you can refer to me, as Stingray." He told them, touching his beard, which Maeve just noticed was shaped into a stingray.

Maeve giggled at him quietly. This made Hawk turn to her and they both chuckled quietly.

Johnny studied him before turning to Kreese. "Yeah, all right, Chubs. He's on your team." He told him, making Kreese sigh disappointed. "Terrific."

—————

Once Johnny gave them the start signal, Maeve and Aisha went to go into the woods together.

"So, you and Miguel are officially a couple now?" She asked her blond friend.

Maeve turned to her with a big smile. "Yeah, we're pretty serious." She told her.

Aisha smiled. "I'm happy for you. All though I always thought you'd end up with Hawk." She told her, to which Maeve only smiled slightly.

Suddenly there was a battle cry and a boy from team black came running towards them.

"Ok, I'll attack from the front and you go from the back!" Aisha told her already approaching him.

The boy and her friend were fighting pretty roughly, making Maeve rethink her decision to take part in the training for a moment, but she quickly tried to remember what Miguel taught her.

She approached him from behind and when Aisha pushed him her way, she quickly kicked his leg, making him fall.

But he quickly adapted to the situation and swiped Aisha's legs from under her and took her headband.

Aisha groaned and turned towards Maeve with an apologetic smile before walking away.

Maeve watched her walk away with wide eyes and then turned to the boy who was already running at her.

And surprisingly, she managed to block all his attacks as if she was on autopilot.

Suddenly he punched her, making her fall to the ground, but before he could take her headband, she kicked his chest as hard as she could and stood up again.

She wiped the blood from under her nose and got into position again.

"You're better then I thought you'd be." He told her smirking, to which Maeve only scoffed.