Shadow

Midnight, 144 day of 996 year AN
It's finally dark! I only need to grab my coat and I can go. Oh no! I saw guards... I need to run so they won't see me sneaking out.

Uhh... I'm out of breath... I need to rest for a moment. Inhale... and exhale... Breathe Lux, breath. Okay I think I'm fine.

Those doors look really heavy, but I know I can open them. I just need to try hard enough. I'm pushing, but they're not moving. Maybe I shouldn't get in here? I feel a strange power that draws me inside. I think if I won't resist it will help me open the door. UGHHH! Just one more push...

It's open! I stepped a few steps inside, but all I see is darkness. Oh wait. I heard something. Was it a whisper or just a rustle? I don't know... My senses are going wild in darkness. There is only a little light coming from outside and the shadow of the door cast darkness on the rest of the hall.

Hmmm, you're not a mageseeker... So what are you? - said someone in the dark

- Oh... I'm no one. - I responded terrified.

No, you're definitely not. There is something special in you... But why are you free and I'm not, when we're so very much alike! - he said furiously

I don't know...

- What are you doing here girl?

- Nothing, it's my duty to take care of prisoners...

- Don't lie. I see a pretty, young lady searching desperately for something. What is it she wants? - he asked me like he knew everything

I just walked in here and you know everything about me. How?

- I spent years in darkness and then you walk in. The brightest light I've ever seen. But you just wanna know who am I going to tell and what are they gonna do once they find out. Right?

- Please... don't... just tell me what do you want...

- Hahah! This is the problem you can buy way out of. Your money can't hide your power. You just wanna learn how to control it. - he laughed at me

You know nothing about me. And I'm not in the prison, but you are...

- Huh! I can put you in here too or I can help you. Choice is yours. But for now, I see you prefer the first option, don't you?

- No, I just want to control my still growing magic...It's getting late, girl. If you want to learn something come here tomorrow. Maybe we will get along... Hahah!