Chapter One

Wheeee! New story. :3 I had a really epical idea while showering (don't ask, I was in the thinking mood) so here it is! No prologue this time, we just dive right in!

------

Chapter One

I'm sitting cross-legged in an uncomfortable airport chair. My stomach is twisting itself in knots as I wait for my aunt, Eva. She's supposed to be here already.

I'm Vanity Norwood. I was born in England, but my parents decided they wanted me to see more of the world, or something. So here I am in sunny Florida. I'm going to live with Eva until I graduate high school, or I can stay with her, here in America, if I like it. The only thing is, I'm pretty worried. It's so warm here, all the time. I don't have suitable bathing suits. Plus, I don't know what the people here are like. Are they snotty and rude...Or genuinely nice?

I snap out of my thoughts when I see a limousine park in front of the airport. "Woah." I say, quietly.

Everyone else here seems unfazed. Am I the only one that has never seen a limousine in real life before? A woman, probably in her late twenties or early thirties, gets out of the limo's belly and strides to the airport's doors. She gets inside and scans the place. Her eyes fall on me, before they brighten and she rushes over on five-inch stilettos. "Vanity!" She squeals.

My mouth falls open. "Aunt Eva?!"

She wraps me in a huge hug. "Oh, honey! You're really here! C'mon, let's go. Howard is an impatient driver."

She tugs my hand, and I barely have time to get my suitcases before we fly out of the place. I'm shoved inside of the car, positively surprised. The seats are plush and dark purple. There's a mini ridge planted in the back of the chauffeur's chair. And little speakers in the roof. Aunt Eva climbs in beside me, and we're off. "Aunt Eva! This is amazing! How on earth did you manage-" She interrupts me, waving a hand in dismissal.

"Please, Van. Just call me Eva. And you haven't even seen the house yet." She gushes.

I raise my eyebrows. Of course! If she can afford this, she must live in a mansion. Correction. We must live in a mansion. "So, what type of designer clothes do you have in your suitcase?" She asks, leaning over to unzip it.

"...Designer? I don't own any designer clothes..."

She looks at me in horror. "You don't? Of course not! I keep forgetting Jennifer didn't go for fortune."

She refers to my mother, Jen. Eva's full name is Evagnline. As you can see, both of them like going for the shorter term.  "Howard!" She cries dramatically. "To the nearest outlet! Hurry!"

The limo makes a sharp turn, and I tumble a bit, almost crashing into the fridge. "Oh, would you like a drink?" She asks.

"Sure." I smile at her.

"Help yourself."

I open the mini-fridge, amazed to find so much stuff crammed in there. Coke, Pepsi, Sprite, root beer, cream soda, chips, Popsicles, pretzels, a pair of shoes...When Eva notices I see the shoes, she says simply, "Backups."

I nod, not fully understanding. I just wear my converse sneakers. Everywhere. Swimming, to parties, you get the dealio. I lean down and grab out some cream soda, and take a refreshing gulp. The car suddenly stops. Eva peers out of the window, then turns to me, an evil smile on her face. "Time to go SHOPPING!"

.../...\...

Three hours later, the butlers and maids are lugging in my tons of new clothes. Eva and I were nearly buried inside of the car, and we had to call another one. It's not even funny how much money she spent on me. At least twelve thousand. Probably more.

When we step out of the limo, I am awed. Her mansion is huge. Mammoth. Giant. The walls are made of smooth, pale gray marble. Three steps, almost ambushed with white roses on each side, lead up to the polished, dark oak door. There are twin fountains on each side of the neatly trimmed lawn. The place is amazing. 

I almost faint when we get inside. The main floor has soft white carpets, and I twining staircase leaning up. To the right is an archway, with a grand table and many chairs. Through that is a kitchen, but I'm not allowed in there, because Eva has personal chefs that work in there all day. To the left is another archway, with dark leather couches and I large T.V hanging on the white walls opposite. Through that living room, there are french doors. An underground pool shimmers, and there is a golf court next to it, followed by shiny blocks built into the ground. Dance floor. Epic.

Going up the stairs that are in the grand foyer, which I entered the house though, there are many, many rooms. On the far left are about twenty smaller rooms clusteredtogether. The servants and cooks live there. Bathrooms are attatched to every room. Then are a whole bunch of other rooms, presumably for guests.

I'm guessing the biggest one is Eva's. When she takes me to her en-suite, a hand claps over my mouth. A huge, kind-sized bed, sits against the wall. There is a T.V from a cross, and a makeup table underneath. A long desk takes place near the door, a computer on one side. There are two doors as well. One leads to her bathroom, with a shower, a hot-tub, a bath, a toilet, and counters, and the other one leads to Eva's closet. That is a big closet. It's a walk-in one, too. rows and rows of clothes are everywhere I look, and there is a wall with boxes of shoes. At least two hundred pairs sit there.

Eva studies my expression, amused. "You like my room?"

Speechless, I nod. She grins. "Well now you get to choose your room. They are all as big as mine, by the way. But I have one in every color, because I wasn't sure which one is your favorite."

"You mean you have red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, pink, gray, white, black, and brown rooms?" I squeak.

She nods. "Yeah. But you might have to choose faster than that if you want your stuff in there." She looks at a polished nail.

Oh, and did I mention she has a room for massages, nail painting, and hair-styling? Yes! Her own personal salon! In her house! "R-right." I stammer.

She takes me to all of them. Sure enough, she is true to her word. All as big as hers, all a different color. "Um, I think I'll take this one." I say, leaning against the door of the light green one.

"Okay! Let me go and tell the butlers. You might want to get out of here though, because the maids need to put everything away." She starts to bound to the stairs.

grinning from ear to ear, I come with her.

------

Yay! First chapter. I think It's good so far. What about you? Lemme know!

XOXO