I Heard a Rumor Pt.1

Start from the beginning

~

Five made his way to the door in a hurried manner while Klaus waited for Diego.

When Five opened the door to see the exact last person he wanted to see, it felt like he lost oxygen. Not in fear, but in a more "WHY GOD WHY" way.

"You've got to be kidding me." Five said as he glared daggers into (Y/n)'s soft iris'.

(Y/n)'s hair was tangled from the wind and her sweat and she rested her arms against the walls next to the door to catch her running breath. She swallowed the taste of blood in her mouth before she straightened her position and squeezed her hands in front of her, completely forgetting what she wanted to say even though she rehearsed it on her travel here. "I need to talk to you."

He snarled at the girl, wondering how she had the audacity to show her face to him again after what she did. "Did you run all the way here? What are you even doing here? And don't say that you were worried, you've never thought about me nor my feelings." He muttered his last sentence in a very sour way as he glanced down. "You've made that very clear."

(Y/n) took a deep breath. "Five, words cannot describe how sorry I am-" "You shot me twice, you're not sorry! That's right, I'm finally calling you out on all your bullshit!"

(Y/n) was shocked to say the least. She was too used to being constantly exposed to his softer side so she didn't know how to act to his normal salty self.

"Five, I'm such an idiot-" "Wow you actually told the truth for once. That's a first." Five remarked bitterly. 'I deserve that. Just let him insult you, it's the only way you can tell him how you really feel.' (Y/n) told herself before opening her mouth again to continue.

"You don't understand-"
"There's a lot about you that I don't understand."
"You were right. About everything about me. I'm just a puppet. A tool used by the Facility. I always thought it was what I wanted and was comfortable with but-"
"How long is this going to take? I don't know if you know but I have other problems to deal with other than you and all you do is cause more problems on purpose. Just go on and fool me again so I can go about my job."

It was exactly as she feared, (Y/n) had created an ultimatum with Five. This wasn't what she wanted. Not in a million years would she try to alienate someone who cared for her.

She sighed, telling herself to speed things up before he most likely just walks around her and ignores her and she'll never have another chance to make things right. This was her only chance. It was now or never.

"The thing is... I think I can safely say that you should no longer be disdainful with me. I'm ready to commit and make a choice. I'm with you and I'm determined to see this through. If you'll give me..." She bit her lip. "one last chance."

Five stared at the traitor. As much as he wanted to ignore her, there was a soft spot still lingering in his heart for her. He knew that if he didn't listen to her that she'd keep crawling back to him, begging for forgiveness. That idea was very amusing to him. And where that may have been a tempting offer, he couldn't bring himself to snub the one he loved. But he knew better than to keep giving her unlimited chances only for her to keep throwing him into the dust. He was done with it. He always looked at her through rose colored glasses which made all her red flags look like just normal flags. But now he threw off the glasses and shattered them to pieces.

"I am a good enough person to forgive you. But not stupid enough to trust you again!" ~ Unknown

His bitter rising anger reached the top of the thermometer.

"I trusted you!"

"Five-" (Y/n) started, reaching her hand out and taking a step toward him.

"Don't take another step in my direction, you psychopath!"

Ouch. That hit (Y/n) right where it hurt. The word didn't bother her but just the way he said it made her downcast, he said it with such disgust and derision.

"What more do you want from me!? You made me look like an idiot in front of my whole family! They told me I shouldn't trust you but I defended you! I stood up for you! I believed in you. And you betrayed me! How could you?!" Five screamed in her face, too focused on trying to push her away to try and hide the fact that his voice was breaking in clear heartsickness. (Y/n) pursed her lips together, now realizing how much her betrayal had left him gutted and cut up.

"You were never a good ally in the first place! You didn't even try to help! I see you as nothing but a backstabber now." (Y/n) was chapfallen in her own pure dolorous.

"You were never really on my side, so I'm doing what I should have done way back when." At the end of his sentence, he swung his arm to try and slam the door in (Y/n)'s face but before it could close, she pushed it back open with her stronger hand. Five looked almost offended she wouldn't let him shut her out.

"I won't let you put distance between us before I can tell you this. So please, I'm begging you, listen to this one thing I need to say." (Y/n) desperately demanded with assertiveness.

Unfortunately, as (Y/n) was his greatest weakness (his kryptonite), Five couldn't bring himself to give her another nasty response. He couldn't even feel hatred for more than a moment. It isn't his fault for being so enamored with her. 

When she noticed he wasn't going to say anything, she finally got to announce her important statement.

"I want to be good."

Five stared at her with an unimpressed expression. But on the inside, he was shocked and basically proud. But he made sure to not let himself fall back to her that easily.

"That's great." He said before trying to close the door again.

(Y/n) pushed her hand against it again so it slammed open just like before. "I want and need your help to get through it though."

"I'm sorry but my rare offer of help is only available for the amount of time I trust the person." Five said bitterly and sarcastically before turning around and walking away, heading toward the back door where a beddable (H/c) who makes him choke, wouldn't be in the way to stop him from leaving.

Now of course Five wanted to help her with her transition to the side of good, but he had dignity.

(Y/n) followed after him into the house where her appearance was now exposed to Klaus and Diego who both looked beyond shocked to see the one and only (Y/n). They both thought of the worst when they saw Five walking away from her and her chasing after him since the last time Diego saw her, she shot Five in the foot. And the last time Klaus saw her, she shot him in the gut and left him not functionally despondent. Diego used his good hand to grab a knife from his sock and aimed it at (Y/n). Already trained for this kind of situation, (Y/n) caught the knife by the handle without even looking, the tip of the sharp blade just a hair away from her cheek bone. She switched it to her other hand then slammed it to the ground, the blade stuck in the floor.

Before Five could leave through the back door, (Y/n) grabbed him by the collar, tugging him back.