ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀ

↱                                          ↰
Deception
↳                                          ↲

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"My dad wasn't happy, let me tell you." Shoto coined with a smirk. You giggled, pretending to act sorry.

The two of you had been talking for hours, getting on perfectly. It wasn't often boys your age acted like this - towards you anyway.

As the laughter died down a comfortable silence began to settle. You stared into his duel eyes, they were so pretty and filled with emotion. Naturally, he met your glance and returned it. Poor thing, she looks so tired. He thought to himself, giving you a sympathetic smile. How does such a gentle thing wind up in hospital from fighting? It seemed impossible to to him.

Noticing his gaze soften your eyes dropped to your hands, which began fiddling with your hospital gown.

"y/n." he voiced, tone more serious.

You looked up again waiting for his next words.

"What you did earlier was reckless and stupid. It could have gotten you seriously hurt." he paused "or killed."

You felt like a little kid getting scolded but it was enough to make your eyes gloss over and voice wobble. For some reason it hurt more coming from him.

"Your right... i-im sorry." you uttered.

"Why didn't you tell someone? Anyone! Going it alone never ends well!"

A silent tear rolled down your cheek, followed by a little sniffle. It was all too much; first almost dying and now being told off by the #2 hero's son. It was a mistake! You didn't mean to make anyone worry.

"I didn't think! I didn't mean to-" your voice cracked before you could even finish.

His aura instantly switched back. What the fuck is wrong with me? I made her cry... he internally cursed. There you were, bottom lip wobbling with pained eyes. All because of him. He felt horrible. Reaching forward, he did something unusual to him. Give affection. He petted your h/c hair gently and wiped your tears with the pad of his thumb. Your breathing seemed to calm at the gesture.

"It's ok, It's okay." he shushed. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to upset you. I just want you to be safe okay? I'm worried about you."

"Really?" you sniffled. It was difficult to believe when your own mother didn't give a shit, let alone someone you hardly knew.

"Really. As soon as I saw you being carried out the smoke and realised it was you, I wanted to come get you."

Without much thought you leaned in and hugged him, hands gripping at his toned body.  After your father passed there was never a male figure in your life that truly cared.  Yes, you had guy friends but you always wondered if they had your best intention. Shoto seemed so kind, almost perfect, so you latched onto his affection quickly.

It's not like there was anything to be afraid of, right?

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

AN:
so sorry this is a shorter chapter my darlings but I wanted to get something out. They will return to the usual length next chapter : )

My Christmas holidays are in 2 weeks so I'll hopefully begin to update more frequently!!

tysm for 2k views I never expected to get more than 100!!