Deck the Halls (A Chris and Tiffany Oneshot)

Usually this time of year, I would already be decorating the entire house for Christmas, my nieces helping out. But they aren't around and the niece I'm with right now is still too young and way too playful to help out. So, thought about revisiting my favorite fictional/non-fictional characters doing decorations for my favorite time of the year. Hope you guys enjoy it.

-SS

It was afternoon in mid-November. The temperature was dropping and it had been snowing on and off Sudbury. Inside the Foster-Evans' home, though, it was toasty courtesy of the fireplace, Ray Conniff's voice crooning Christmas songs, enthusiastic Penny and Dodger, giddy Ben and Ellie, and saccharine Chris and Tiffany, who had been staring at each other every so often as if they were falling in love for the first time.

Tiffany had her hair tied in a bun, still wearing the apron she used to shield herself from the mess the 3-year old twins made when helping her prepare for snacks. At the moment, though, they were decorating the Christmas tree.

Chris arrived home from filming just a couple days prior to be with his family for the upcoming holidays. He wasn't exactly a fan of making the tree pretty, but ever since Ben and Ellie were born, it had become a tradition for them to fill, not just the tree but the rest of the home, with holiday ornaments.

For the past four years since they got married, Thanksgiving with all the Evans clan was celebrated in this home. So it's imperative to ready it before the occasion.

"Wook, Mommy! Dodge wis weady!" Ben, giggling, was coiling garlands around Dodger, that seemed helpless, his eyes as if asking his hooman for help.

As if on cue, Chris lifted his son from the floor, glanced at Tiff and winked. "Crisis averted," he said while gently tapping Dodger's head. The dog, then, ran to where Penny was.

Chris tucked Ben's slightly long dark blonde hair beneath his ears. "Dodger isn't a tree, sweetheart. We don't place garlands on him. Those go to the tree."

The child, beaming, nodded his head. "Can I hewp, Mommy?" his head turned towards the direction of Tiff, who was holding Ellie as she hanged a reindeer on the tree.

She handed Ben a Christmas ball to hang, too, and kissed his temple.

Chris, then, took the opportunity to whisper in her ears. "Where's mine?"

She knew fully well what her husband meant but played coy. Tiffany took a Santa ornament in the box and gave it to Chris. "Here you go," she winked at him, her smile a pretended nonchalance.

His laugh reverberated in the warm room. "You know what I mean, Ms. Foster-Evans..."

It was her turn to grin. "I'm not sure, Mr. Foster-Evans. Have been doing a lot lately, my brain couldn't process anything." Moving away from him was deliberate. Her way of teasing the love of her life.

Chris couldn't do anything but groan in slight frustration, yet that never dampened his day. He was over the moon just being with his family and participating in these activities.

It wasn't easy to decorate the entire living room with two tykes at hand. But it sure made it more fun. The idea was to finish before the little ones get hungry for dinner but the couple had to juggle ornamenting with running after the kids, dancing about the house with them and helping them out with bathroom breaks.

By the time they ended, it was already dark and Ben and Ellie were sound asleep on the sofa, a fleece blanket warming them. Penny and Dodger were on the foot of the sectional also napping.

Chris had his arms around Tiffany's waist as they stood staring at their little bundles of joy. Her head slightly tilted to the side, while her husband rested his lips on her temple. "We did good, Tiff."

She gently nodded her head against his touch. "They've got almost unlimited energy, though." She giggled. "Which they definitely got from you." She turned around to look at him and just like every time she stared into his deep blue eyes, her soul got lost in them. "That's why I'm glad you're home." She brushed her thumb through his manicured beard.

"To have a helper?" He smirked.

"That. And to enjoy all these with us."

Chris bestowed her with a light peck on the lips before speaking. "Hold on a sec." He jogged towards the phone, careful with his steps so as not to wake the twins.

The soft volume of music filled the room (cue Cody Fry's Alone on Christmas with You). When he came back to where she was standing, he extended his left arm to her, which she gladly accepted with her right. When their hands married, so did the matching initials of the twins, tattooed on their wrists.

Chris beamed while looking down to Tiff's sparkling hazels. "I'm glad I'm finally home again and in your arms."

"And I'm happy I'm in yours." She rested her head on his strong chest as they swayed to the rhythm of the Christmas love song. The warmth of the season, of their family and the love in their home enveloping them.