Chapter Forty Four.

Start from the beginning

Seconds passed before I felt the thumps of Harry's fists on the locked door. They seemed to grow louder, taking his aggression out on the wood. I brought my hand up to my mouth to mask the sobs escaping.

"Louis, open the door."

I didn't think the barrier could withhold much longer, my body crawling away from Harry's voice. I was petrified as I clambered into the bathtub, curling my knees up to my chest. My fingers caught hold of the shower curtain, gently tugging it across the bath in an effort to cease the anger aimed at me. He wouldn't stop. My hand reached up behind me, turning the shower dial. The water was cold, splashing onto my skin and saturating my clothes, eventually reaching the warm temperature that I craved. I wanted to block his voice out.

"Lou?" Harry's tone was questioning.

I was only granted a few moments of peace.

"Louis, open the fucking door!" Harry bellowed.

That was last time he spoke before the door swung open with the weight of Harry's shoulder. The curtain was ripped back, my entirety attempting to become as small as possible. I risked a glance up to my boyfriend. He stared at me, full lips parted as he absorbed the image of the frightened boy curled up in his bathtub. Harry's t shirt was hauled over his head, carelessly dropping it to the floor. I gasped as large hands carefully slid me forward. My body was encouraged back into Harry's as I sat between his parted legs. I was engulfed in strong arms, drawing me into his bare chest. I couldn't help my surprise as his head rested on my shoulder.

"I'm still angry with you." Harry gently hushed.

"I know." I released in a breath.

We sat under the water for what felt like hours. During our silence, one question repeatedly thumped in my mind before it escaped in a whisper.

"What are you going to do?"

He contemplated his answer.

"I don't know yet." Harry admitted.

"P-Please don't..

My words were abruptly ceased as Harry's arms constricted around me, holding me impossibly close in anger rather than affection.

"You don't get to decide." Harry's rough voice harshly stated. "You have no say in what I do."

I sobbed quietly, his words holding nothing of warmth. When I didn't reply he shook me.

"Do you understand?" Harry heatedly asked.

"Y-es, yes." I pleaded.

The water shut off as Harry got me to my feet. My hand was grasped, helping me from the bathtub to stand in front of him. I watched as he reached for a towel, tousling his curls with the soft material to rid his hair of water. Droplets trickled down his tanned torso, dipping into the tensed muscles. Harry handed the towel to me, my fingers clasping it and bringing my hair over one shoulder. He stood observing me for a second before long fingers fiddled with the button on my wet jeans. Harry's annoyance was voiced in a grunt as I stumbled away. I cried out when he gripped my forearms, his fingertips unintentionally digging into my damaged skin.

Green eyes curiously assessed my reaction before pushing my soaked jacket from my shoulders. The clothing had barely made contact with the floor before Harry's fingers were peeling my long sleeved top from my body. My wrists were grasped, gently raising my arms. Harry's bottom lip was taken between his teeth as the dark bruising came into view. His eyes squeezed closed in pain, lowering to his knees to unlace my shoes. I stood completely still, my feet bare as Harry attempted for a second time to remove my jeans.

I didn't protest as he stripped me to my underwear, my body cold and wet. The shivering continued as my boxers were lowered down around my ankles. I stood naked before him. Harry's eyes icily trailing up and down my chilled body as he released his belt. It clinked, fingers fumbling with the button and zip before he shoved his jeans down his legs. His boxers followed seconds later. A towel was secured around his waist. Then he just walked away. He left me shivering in the bathroom, arms wrapped around myself as I cried.

When I entered Harry's room he was just pulling up his joggers to cover the black boxers he wore. I watched as he climbed into bed, his eyes finding mine as I gripped my towel tightly. His vision was emotionless, following me as I walked over to the chest of drawers. I felt empty as I witnessed Harry close himself down. There was nothing left of the boy who invaded my thoughts every second of the day.

I sobbed, dropping the towel and tugging one of his t shirts over my head. My fingers found a pair of boxers, slipping them up my legs. I turned to see Harry propped up on his elbows, his hand slid over the duvet, pulling it back. A spark of hope ignited within me as I hesitantly travelled over to the bed. My body climbed into the cool sheets, jumping slightly as Harry enticed me closer.

"Keep me warm."

His words stabbed at my heart. They were cold and emotionless. I cried as he repositioned me to his need, draping my body over his side as I became nothing more than a heat source for him. My hand rested on his chest, my tears trickling onto his skin. He did nothing to comfort me.

I don't know how long I laid there; exhausted from the lack of sleep I had been deprived of the last couple of days. The person who I had relied on for some sort of relief had shut me out. I carefully adjusted, peering up to the beautiful male. His soft curls shone in the dim light from the bedside table. He wouldn't normally leave the lamp on, desiring to fall asleep in complete darkness, but still it illuminated the corner of the room. Harry knew I was still frightened by the events that had taken place beyond his control. The pitch black engulfing the room would have caused me alarm. Maybe he'd left the light on for me.

Harry's eyes were closed, long lashes fanned out on his cheeks as my touch lightly glided over his chest. His prominent collarbones were carefully traced with my tips. My fingers barely brushed his soft ringlets before my wrist was caught in his large hand, pushing mine away.

"Please, Harry." I whimpered.

Our skin made contact but he wouldn't let me touch him, not properly.

I trembled as I waited for any sort of sign. Anything to show that I wasn't completely alone.

"I did it for you." I whispered.

My eyes closed in defeat, resting my head upon Harry's chest and wishing to be taken away from consciousness. As I drifted into a heavy sleep, the gentle touch of entwining fingers was something of a dream.