"What is your name?"

"Delilah, Delilah Lancaster." She said.

Saying her name was almost alien-like to her, it had been so long since she had mentioned it that it took her by surprise to hear herself say it. It sounded unrecognizable to her now, like it didn't belong to her anymore.

"And why are you in this car driving in this state Delilah Lancaster?" He questioned, looking around his surroundings, hands gripping the belt of his uniform.

Her lips quivered. "I was kidnapped on July 15th, I live in Chicago Illinois and I was able to run away."

The policeman's eyes doubled in size and he gripped onto the weapon on his belt prudently. "Miss Lancaster, I will have to ask for you to come with me." His fingers reach for her but she flinched, taking a step back.

"I am not going to hurt you, please come with me and we can find your family."His words were soft as he reached for her again this time allowing him to wrap his hand around her wrist and walking her back to his Ford Explorer.

"Has anyone been following you?"He examined his surrounding.

"No, they didn't see me leave."

      "Are you sure?"

"Yes." She deadpanned.

     He leads her to the back of the police car before having her sit, giving her reassuring eyes before closing the door. What happened next, Delilah couldn't comprehend. The voice of the officer blurred as he spoke into the radio, so did her thoughts. She was finally safe, finally free. She didn't have to run anymore or hide but it was still too surreal for her to accept. This couldn't be true and yet it was. Her fingers dug into her palms, applying enough force to break into the layer of her skin. She wasn't feeling anything but she attempted this to feel human, to make sure she was alive, and to prove that this wasn't a dream.

"It's finally over," She whispered to herself in solace.

     She kept repeating it to herself as a low laugh breaks from her throat. It has been so long, but the prayers and pleas have finally paid off and she couldn't believe it. She wasn't going to die alone, she was going to be able to see her family and best friend again. Oh, how she has missed her best friend. Her hands hovered over her mouth even though no words were leaving them. She was in shock and had no other way of expressing it. Delilah Lancaster was finally free and realization was starting to settle.

****

-RECAP-

A/N: I'm not the best at summaries but this will hopefully do :)

Chapters 1-5

Introduce Delilah and her friend Naomi, They go to a party, Delilah gets kidnapped by Isaac. She wakes up to her kidnappers and tries to escape but fails as she's shot in the abdomen by Isaacs's coworkers who betray him.

Chapters 6-10

Isaac takes Delilah to his mother Grace who helps with the wound. She finds out from grace that Isaac is mentally ill. but a day after is murdered in her bathroom while Isaac went in search of Delilah who had escaped but was almost molested and harmed by the man in the ski mask who shot her in the abdomen.

Chapters 11-18

Isaac flees to Florida but keeps being chased by men who put both his and Delilah's life in danger. they stop at a Diner where shots fire and they are almost killed by the group of men. Delilah finds out she's adopted. They camp out at different motels in a few cities in Florida. Until their enemies catch up to them and one of them almost kills Isaac.

Chapters 19-23

They keep running, heading further north to the keys of Florida. Delilah finds out that her father had sent Isaac to bring her to him. She is held captive by him at the mansion where Isaac leaves her, she soon finds she misses him and might have some sort of undiscovered feelings for him. She finds a way to escape by stealing one of the guards' keys

****

Author's Note

Hey my water lilies, calling this past year crazy is an understatement; it's been more than that. And I apologize for making you guys almost waiting a year for an update. But here I finally am. I'd like to thank all of you for supporting me by reading and commenting, it means the world to me. Also, I can't believe it !!! Last time I updated I had a little over 80 thousand reads on this story. Now flash forward 11 months, and wow. I have over 130 thousand reads on this story! I can't believe it! This is a dream! Thank you all for making my dream of becoming a writer come true! I will try my best to update as soon as I am capable! Thank you, thank you thank you again!

Love - Aster