~Free x Shu~

THIS SHIP RIGHT HERE.

Now, there are various reasons why I love a ship. It maybe because they compliment each other (even if they've never met), or one particularly unforgettable moment that made me ship it, or their slow development, or their chemistry, or they look aesthetically good together, etc, etc.

This ship is a combination of many 🙃

Shu and Free have this... Silent tension around them in evolution that just made me go 😏. Like they're both calm, quiet and reserved but both can be really intense.

*cough*whichiskindahot*cough*

I mean, two hella hot boys (and yeah I'm not gonna deny it, they look really good together.) Who have intense angsty history with each other?

Something struck me as odd though. Iirc, after defeating Shu, Free tells him, "You'll never beat me as the blader you are right now." Or something like that, and I can't help but think it's unusually callous of Free.

This eventually leads to Shu becoming Red Eye (because from his perspective, Free's words mean that he's gonna have to do something huge to be better than the blader he is right now).

How did I go from discussing the ship to one of my headcanons? -_-

Anyway, nice angsty potential there. I wouldn't say this is a particularly healthy ship but it's not straight out toxic either. Shu's and Free's personalities clash quite a bit but if they were in a relationship I'd say that they'd try to mellow out their angsty sides a bit XD

Shu is actually more mature (as in, I feel like he'd be more likely to solve the problems properly than Free, who is kind of an asshole)

They would obviously take each other's advices regarding blading and other stuff. I can see them sitting in companionable silence, and Free resting his head on Shu's lap is cute as all hell.

I kind of headcanon that Free and Shu have secret silly sides XD Free is obviously rather sarcastic and I'm pretty sure he has a twisted sense of humour, and Shu is quite playful (I'm recalling moments from season 1, not season 2............)

So I can see them exchanging mischievous quips and sarcastic remarks. This ship is actually quite wholesome once we're past the angst stage.

Shu and Free will also finally come to learn about PROPER SELF-CARE. Seriously, both of them are just so uncaring about their health.

See Shu blading in the tournament in season 1, WITH HIS GODDAMN SHOULDER DISLOCATED, and of course Free picking up a FREAKING BOULDER AFTER HE LOSES ONCE.

So throughout the relationship, they'd probably injure themselves recklessly and the other would insist on treating them. Something like:

Free: *breaks his hand* It's nothing, I'll just keep blading.

Shu: *worried frown* No you'll not! Your hand is broken!
Go to the doctor for god's sake-

Free: Well, I seem to recall a certain person stubbornly insisting that he can manage the entire Raging Bulls team with a fever of 102 degrees.

Shu:............ *flushes* N-no, that's different-

Free: Nah, that's hypocrisy.

Shu: >:|

Lmao this ship is kinda funny now that I think about it

They'll obviously be their reckless selves and get hurt, unwilling to admit weakness, but the other person would reassure them that resting for a while wouldn't make them weak.

I personally headcanon that Shu feels like he has to appear perfect because of parental neglect, and Free is of a similar vein, only it's because he feels like his worth as a person is decided by his success at blading.

It's sad, really.

But as we see, Shu and Free have Valt (BLESS THIS ANGEL) in canon, who probably makes both of them feel like it's alright to lose sometimes. If Shu and Free were in a relationship, they'd probably overcome those problems together (assuming they opened up to each other.)

Also, as for top and bottom... Idk y'all's preference but I like Free as the top (for the sole reason that it's hot) 😏

Valt:...........Shu and.........Free?

Me: That hard to believe?

Valt: I mean, uhh, I've never thought about it. But I guess they'd look good ;)

Shu: *blushes and closes his eyes* This fandom is nuts.

Entire fandom: THANK YOU FOR THE COMPLIMENT SHU-SAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Shu:........

Free: Me and Shu? Huh, that sounds pretty good actually.

Me, Valt, Christina and Shu: What?!

Free: *tilts his head* Is there a problem

Valt: U-uh, Free, I guess, we just didn't expect you to be so... accepting of it.

Me: Yeah, well, actually, that was lil' too accepting, don't you think? ;)

Free: *shrugs* He's one of the people I tolerate. Not too annoying or dull.

Christina: That sounds like a legit reason though.

Shu:.........Thanks?

Free: And a pretty strong blader too.

Christina: *side-eyes Free* *thinks: since when did he start praising people like that?*

Valt: *beams* Of course he is? Shu's the best!

Shu: *smiles softly and shakes his head*

Valt: He's really good at cooking too! Just wait until you try his spaghetti carbonara!

Free: *eyes widen* Hey, come to think of it. You're a pretty good cook, and you're well-organized, and you're all caring and stuff- hmm. *smiles "innocently"* I guess you'd make a great wife, huh?

*ethereal silence*

Shu: *is literally too and embarassed to speak*

Me and Valt: *stunned af*

Christina: Are you sure you're Free?! *gapes*

Free: *not so discreetly eyes Shu up and down* Oh, yeah, you're kinda pretty too. Nice.

Me: *screams*

Valt: *has unfortunately lost the ability to process words*

Shu: *speedwalks (runs) out of the room*

Christina: *smiling amusedly* You do realise that he was trolling all of you, right?

Valt: I didn't know Free could troll!

Me: *mutters* Dunno about that, he seems pretty much like the guy who trolls the shit out of people just cause he can.

Free: 🙃

Everyone:....

Me: *trying to forget what just happened* Let's just conclude the chapter! See y'all next time! SAYONARA!

Pretty nice if you ask me ❤️