You Say Brilliant, I Say Mental

Start from the beginning

"Get back in the compartment!" Elodie cried, hooking her leg through the window. She managed to duck her head inside, falling on her face into the cabin.

The twins were having a little bit more difficulty with this task: they were much taller than she was. Elodie had noticed this very acutely the first time she saw them this summer, not to mention the haircut- or lack thereof- that Fred was sporting. His red hair was nearly to the bottom of his ears, and in Elodie's opinion, looked dreamy. Not that her opinion mattered. Or that she thought Fred was dreamy.

"Els, a bit of help here?" George muttered, his leg sticking awkwardly through the window along with his left arm. She got up quickly and pulled the twins forward so that the three of them successfully toppled back into the compartment. Fred draped himself over the length of the seat, sighing.

"Well, there goes our master plan."

"Master plan?" Elodie laughed.

"Don't you dare poke fun. It was going to work, too, if the trolley woman hadn't caught us." Fred glared.

"I think you mean the trolley demon." George corrected darkly.

"Where were we even going to go, anyway?"

"The forest, or something. Become recluses." George grinned.

"Oh, sounds totally brilliant. Master, as some would say." Elodie smirked. "I don't think Freddie could handle it. No girls around to boost his ego by laughing at his jokes." She whispered to George, causing Fred to glower at them.

"There you are! We've been looking for you all over!" The sugary voice of Maura Price came from behind the glass doors, her auburn hair flying.

"Yeah, where'd you disappear off to?" Lee Jordan was trailing behind her, as he so often was.

"Jordan, Price." Fred greeted two of his best friends with a smile. "What happened to 'hello'? 'How are you'?"

"Perhaps because we don't care. Where were you?" Maura rolled her eyes.

"The roof. Brilliant story, actually." George grinned.

"You say brilliant, I say mental," Elodie sang.

"Couldn't invite us along, could you, Weasley?" Lee scowled, taking his designated place beside George. Besides Fred, George and Lee were noticeably the closest of their small group: the two were practically never separated.

"You were in the Hufflepuff cabin, we assumed you had self-demoted." Fred quipped.

"Maura wanted to say hello to her boyfriend." Lee's frown deepened significantly at the mention of Cedric Diggory.

"How's all that going?" Elodie asked her friend interestedly. Without much of a love life herself, she liked to live vicariously through her much prettier best friend.

"Oh, just wonderful!" Maura beamed. "I got a job at a muggle movie theater this summer, and Cedric and I-"

"We've all heard quite enough about Ced." Lee snapped. Maura shut her mouth, looking cross.

"I haven't. Let the girl talk, Lee." Elodie vindicated.

"Anyway, his dad just took the Department of Cooperation job, so he had to move to my neighborhood, and now we can see each other all the time!" She finished excitedly.

"Thats convenient." Elodie snickered. "You know, for a shag."

"We're not shagging!" Maura protested. "I made a promise to myself I wouldn't until we've said 'I love you.'" She said proudly.